Loading…
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Tuesday, 7/9/2013 - Updated: 1 year ago

BUSINESS BRIEF

Fiat offers $254.7M 
for more Chrysler stock

BLADE STAFF

DETROIT — Italian automaker Fiat SpA has exercised a third option to buy a small amount of Chrysler Group LLC stock.

But the sale won’t go through until a judge settles a price dispute.

Fiat says it offered $254.7 million on Monday for another 3.3 percent of Chrysler’s outstanding equity. The stock is owned by a United Auto Workers trust fund that pays retiree health-care bills. Fiat owns 58.5 percent of Chrysler and wants the remaining 41.5 percent from the trust.

The Delaware Chancery Court must set the price.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Related stories