A 13-year-old boy who pleaded guilty to two shootings was sentenced Tuesday to spend the next six years in a juvenile correctional facility.
Emilio Santellana pleaded guilty last week to three counts of felonious assault in Lucas County Juvenile Court. One count had a gun specification; the others had complicity specifications.
The maximum time the Santellana youth could have been sentenced was eight years, said Lori Olender, an assistant prosecutor in the juvenile division. He was sentenced by Juvenile Judge Connie Zemmelman.
He was first accused of shooting Steven Walker, 23, three times on Feb. 13 with a 22-caliber gun.
He shot Mr. Walker, he told police, because Mr. Walker “disrespected” him, and then threw the gun into the Maumee River.
On April 25, the teen told police he gave a 25-caliber gun to another male who promised to “take care of” Mr. Walker.
The youth reported hearing the other individual shoot at Mr. Walker seven or eight times; Mr. Walker was hit once in his right calf.
The other individual reportedly returned the gun to the youth, who threw it in the Maumee River.