LOS ANGELES — Rapper and producer Mac Miller was found dead inside his Studio City home shortly before noon Friday of a suspected drug overdose, sources said.
Los Angeles paramedics responded to his home on Valleycrest Road, according to a Los Angeles Fire Department spokeswoman.
The sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk publicly, said Miller was unresponsive when officials arrived.
The 26-year-old rapper, whose real name is Malcolm James McCormick, had long struggled with drug issues.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.