Susan Kurdys writes that this “is a recipe that I prepared several years ago on one of our local PBS stations (WBGU) during one of their cooking marathons.” The dish “can be prepared as a vegan meal or a side dish. Enjoy!”
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped in large pieces
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped in large pieces
- 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped in large pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped in large pieces
- 1 small zucchini, chopped in large pieces
- 1 14.5-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 2 cups rice, cooked
Put peppers, onion, zucchini, tomatoes, and croutons in a 2-1/2 quart casserole dish. Stir to mix ingredients together and cover dish. Cook in microwave until vegetables are tender. When complete, put 1/2 cup rice on plate and add 1 cup of vegetable mixture on top.
Yield: 4 servings
— Susan Kurdys
Have a recipe that is fast and healthy? Send it to food@theblade or Dinner Tonight, The Blade, 541 N. Superior St., Toledo, OH 43660.