The recipe developers for the Thai Kitchen Cookbook write: "Garlic lovers, here's your dish! Takes just a few minutes to prepare, for a simple and delicious stir-fry."
Slightly adapted from the Thai Kitchen Cookbook: The Essential Guide to Thai Cooking, edited by Cynthia Lawrence and published by Epicurean International.
- 12 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 sprigs of green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro, for optional garnish
In a bowl, mix together shrimp, garlic, fish sauce, pepper, and sugar. In a wok or skillet, heat oil over high heat until oil is hot. Add shrimp mixture into wok and stir fry quickly until shrimp turn orange-pink in color, about 1-2 minutes. Add green onions and ginger. Stir fry for an additional 30 seconds. Serve over rice, topped with cilantro if desired.
Have a recipe that is fast and healthy? Send it to food@theblade or Dinner Tonight, The Blade, 541 N. Superior St., Toledo, OH 43660.