● The East Toledo Senior Activities Center’s all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner and craft show at Navarre Park Shelterhouse, 1001 White St., 4-7 p.m. April 10. Advance tickets: $6 seniors and children under 12 years; and $8 adults; at the door all tickets $9. Dine-in or carryout. Details: 419-691-2254.
● East Toledo Family Center’s “Hawaiian Luau” Gala at the Glass City Boardwalk, 27820 E. Broadway, Moline, 6:30 p.m. April 13. Tickets: $55/single and $100/couple and can be purchased at the center. Details: 419-691-1429 or ETFC.org. Benefits to senior program.
● Ladies’ golf league seeking new members, preseason meeting will be at the Riverby Hills Golf Club, 16571 W. River Rd., 9 a.m. Wednesday. Details: 419-346-0748.
● Northwest Ohio Chapter In-Formation Golf Outing and Spring fund-raiser for suicide prevention, awareness, and survivor initiatives, held at Stone Ridge Golf Course, 1553 Murfield Dr., tee time 1 p.m. April 26. Cost: $75. Includes 18 holes of golf and dinner. Hole sponsorship: $125 per hole. Registration and details: email@example.com.
● Clay Center Fire Social Association sponsoring bingo at Clay Center Fire Station #2, 420 Main St., 7-10 p.m. Saturday. Split the pot prizes. 419-855-7444.
● Craft and Gift Show at Holland Gardens, 6530 Angola Rd., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Free. Springfield Township Fire Department will have a booth. Benefits Honor Flight and Planned Pethood. 419-320-8631 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Ron Howard and Cruisin benefit at Cleats, 6801 E. Harbor Rd., 1-5 p.m. Sunday. The band’s transportation was involved in an accident that destroyed the van and all equipment. The community, friends, and colleagues are coming together to hold this benefit. Buffet: $25 (or donation at the door without buffet). Entertainment includes Cruisin, Colin Dussault, and Smooth Groove. Details: 419-734-9464.
● All-you-can-eat pancake breakfast and silent auction sponsored by the Northern Light Masonic Lodge #40, 114 W. Wayne St., 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $5 adults; $3 children 10 years and under. Benefit for Kidney Foundation of Northwest Ohio. Tickets available in advance or at the door. Kidney Foundation, 419-329-2353.
● Rummage sale at St. Joseph’s Community Center, 130 W. Broadway St., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Satuday. Brown paper grocery bag day Saturday with clothing $2, other items half price.
● Invision Salon and the Bethany House’s raffle and cut-a-thon fund-raiser at the salon, 1635 Tollgate Dr., 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Benefits Bethany House, helping abused and battered women and children.
● Henry County Arts Council presents Swingmania and dinner at the Christ United Methodist Church, 1325 Glenwood Ave., shows 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., dinner 5:15 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. April 14. Advance tickets: $10; at the door $12. Dinner menu: grilled pork loin all-you-can-eat buffet dinner, cost $10. Because of limited seating please dine after your show. Reservations: 419-592-2787 or email@example.com.
● Big Band at the Bay “Sentimental Journey” with Night Session Big Band Orchestra at Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center, 1750 State Park Rd. #2, dinner 6-7:30 p.m., dancing 7:30-11:30 p.m. April 13. Details and cost: 419-836-1466 or maumeebaystateparklodge.com.
● Live in the House Concert Series presents Warren Mailley-Smith, pianist to the royal family, at the Pemberville Opera House, 115 Main St., 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets $10 at Beeker’s General Store, Riverbank Antiques or call Carol, 419-287-4848 or at the door. pembervilleoperahouse.org.
● TOPICS Camera Club meeting at the Way Public Library, 101 E. Indiana Ave., 7 p.m. Wednesday. TOPICSCameraClub.com.
● Prom Dress Extravaganza Event presented by the Raising Awareness Club and Springfield High School Academic Boosters at Owens Community College’s Student Health and Activities Center, 30335 Oregon Rd., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Minimal cost for prom dresses $5-20 and accessories 50 cents to $5. Details: 567-661-2569 or 800-GO-OWENS, Ext. 2569.
● St. Rose Parish’s Moonlight and Roses event at the Pinnacle, 1772 Indian Wood Circle, Maumee, 6-10:30 p.m. April 13. Event includes dinner, auction, and reverse raffle. Cost: $150 per couple which includes two dinners and a raffle ticket or $112 per person which includes one dinner ticket and a raffle ticket. Single raffle tickets: $75 each. Reservations: 419-874-4559 or details at saintroseonline.org.
● The Live in the House Concert Series presents Warren Mailley-Smith, pianist to the royal family at the Otsego High School Auditorium, 18505 Tontogany Creek Rd., 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets $10 and are available at: Washer’s Laundromat or call Lynne Long, 419-832-5664 or at the door. grandrapidsartscouncil.org.
● Euchre Tournament at Walbridge VFW Post 9963, 109 N. Main St., 1 p.m. until finish Saturday. Entry fee: $10 includes lunch. No smoking.
● Waterville Area Arts Council and Animal House Glass offers a Mosaic glass tabletop class at Carruth’s Garden Smiles, 211 Mechanic St., 10 a.m.-noon April 13 and 20. Glass artist Gail Christofferson will teach. Cost: $50. Advance registration required. Forms available at Silver Lining Gallery, 122 Mechanic St. Details: 419-441-0025.
● The Children’s Choir of Northwest Ohio presents Spring Concert “Meant to Make Music...Together!” at the Community of Christ Lutheran Church, 6517 Finzel Rd., 4 p.m. April 14. Free concert features 50 young musicians in grades 3-10 and guest artists Kristen Robideaux, violin; tenor Gregory J Ashe, and the Beat Dance Company Select Dancers. Details: ccofnwo.org.
● “Planting Seeds of Hope: Serving a Healthy Food Table” program at Lial Renewal Center, 5908 Davis Rd., 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. April 13. Presenting is Sr. Rita Wienken, OSF/T. Workshop: $45 and includes lunch. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org, 419-877-0432 or lialrenewalcenter.org.
● Art Classes, Village Hall, 6925 Providence St.: Garden Keepsake Note Cards with Joan Soldenwagner, 6-8 p.m. April 15. Create note cards, using dried perennials, annuals, ferns, or leaves. Cost: $28. Reservations: 419-877-5383 or whitehouseoh.gov.
● Breakfast at Voiture 141, 2232 Airport Hwy., 9 a.m.-noon Sunday. Cost: $6.
● Cass Road Baptist Church’s pancake and sausage breakfast with eggs strata, 1400 Cass Rd., Maumee, 8:30-10:30 a.m. Saturday. Cost: $5 adults; $2 children 6-10; and free to children 5 and under. Details: 419-893-2008.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 9 a.m.-noon every Sunday. Cost: $5. Children’s menu available. 419-666-7762.
● VFW Post 3338 breakfast, 2231 South Ave., 9 a.m.- 1 p.m. Sunday. Cost: $4. 419-381-0153
● Eagle Cafe offers lunch and dinner, Maumee Eagles, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, lunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, $4.95; dinner 5-8 p.m., Monday-Thursday, $4.95. Menu: 419-893-3952 or maumeeeagles.com.
● Progressive Fishing Association’s fish fry, 7675 Schadel Rd., Whitehouse, 5-8 p.m. every Friday. Cost: $8 adults; $7.50 seniors (60 and over); $5 children (11 and under). 419-392-4715.
● Holland American Legion fish fry, 1074 Clarion Ave., 4:30-7:30 p.m. Fridays. Lake perch or pollock. Take-out 419-865-8511.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 5-7:45 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat, $8. 419-666-7762.
● Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). 419-893-3821.
● Rossford Eagles chicken dinner, 658 Lime City Rd., Rossford, noon Sunday. Cost: $8.50. 419-666-9253.
● American Legion Post 384 steaks on the grill, 6910 Providence St., Whitehouse, 5-8 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $12; $11.50 seniors. 419-877-5171.
At the Library
Heatherdowns Branch Library
3265 Glanzman Rd.; 419-259-5270.
● Preschool storytime, 7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays. Call for registration.
Reynolds Corners Branch Library
4833 Dorr St., Toledo; 419-259-5320.
● Homework helper, 6 p.m. every Monday and Tuesday.
Rossford Public Library
720 Dixie Hwy.; 419-666-0924.
● Tuesdays with Adam, between 1-7 p.m. every Tuesday. Free general computer and technology help.
● Local historian Fred Folger will discuss the life and times of Anthony Wayne, 2 p.m. Saturday.
Birmingham Branch Library
203 Paine Ave.; 419-259-5210.
● Kidspace, 4 p.m. Tuesdays.
● ABLE mobile benefit bank, 5-8 p.m. Tuesdays. Free.
● Homework helper, 3:30 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
● Tax help, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. today and April 9.
● TeenSpace, 4 p.m. Thursday. Grades 4-8.
Genoa Branch Library
602 West St.; 419-855-3380.
● Storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., Tuesdays.
Harris-Elmore Public Library
328 Toledo St., Elmore; 419-862-2482.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., every Wednesday.
Locke Branch Library
703 Miami St., Toledo; 419-259-5310.
● Retooling Your Life — Getting the Skills You Need. Set up an email account, learn how to search or apply for a job online, and update your resume. Call for a one-hour appointment. Free.
● Homework helper, 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
● Crafternoons, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
● Puppets from the Magic Basket, 6 p.m. April 23.
Maumee Branch Library
501 River Rd.; 419-259-5360.
● Book explorers, 10-11 a.m. Wednesdays.
Oregon Branch Library
3340 Dustin Rd.; 419-259-5250.
● Senior book discussion, 12:30-1:30 p.m. Friday
● ABLE Mobile Benefit Bank Advocates for Basic Legal Equality representative, 2:30-5 p.m. every second Wednesday of the month, available to assist with basic legal issues.
● Family storytime, 7-7:30 p.m. Mondays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Preschool storytime, 10:30-11 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Babytime, 10:30-10:50 a.m. Thursdays. Ages 1-2. Registration required.
Walbridge Branch Library
108 N. Main St.; 419-666-9900.
● Family storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave., Perrysburg; 419-874-3135.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
● Mother Goose time, 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Thursdays.
Waterville Branch Library
800 Michigan Ave., Waterville; 419-878-3055.
● Anime club, 5 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month, grades 6-12.
● National Library Week puppet show, 7-8 p.m. April 16. All ages. Registration required.
●Crafternoon at the Library, 10 a.m.-noon April 19.
● Homeschooling Book Bunch book discussion, 2-3 p.m. April 24. Ages 8-15.
● Program on estimating your net worth, 10 a.m.-noon April 20. Registration required.
Whitehouse Community Library
10615 Waterville St., Whitehouse; 419-877-9088.
● Book Nuts discussions April 10. Call for details.
● Spring party, 10:30 a.m.-noon Saturday. Stories, crafts, and refreshments.
Woodville Public Library
101 East Main St., Woodville; 419-849-2744.
● Preschool storytime, 7 p.m. Mondays when school is in session.
● LEGO club, 10-11 a.m. Saturday. For grades K-6.
● KidzArt, 11-11:45 a.m. Saturday. Grades K-6.
● Cookbook club, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
● Spring Break movie matinee, 2 p.m. Thursday.
Senior Citizens' Activities
East Toledo Senior Activities Center
1001 White St.; 419-691-2254.
Offering daily lunches, occasional day trips, and athletic programs.
Free painting classes, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. every Thursday at Navarre Park Shelter House, 1001 White St., using acrylics, watercolors, and oils.
Housekeeping services for seniors 60 or older in East Toledo or Oregon. Cost is $10 per hour for members and $16 per hour for non-members. 419-691-2254.
Wii bowling, 12:30 p.m. every Wednesday.
Genoa Senior Center
514 Main St.; 419-855-4491.
Open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Lunch at 11:30 a.m.; $3.
JWH Oregon Senior Center
5760 Bayshore Rd.; 419-698-7078.
Open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. daily. Suggested donation is $2.50 for seniors 60 and older, $5.32 for others; reservations due 24 hours in advance.
Activities: bingo, fitness, line dancing, bunco, euchre, health screenings.
Pemberville Area Senior Center
220 Cedar St., 419-287-4109.
Trivia, 11:45 a.m. Fridays.
Current events discussions, 12:45 p.m. every Wednesday.
Computer help desk, 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Registration required.
Holland Community Senior Center
330 Oak Terrace Blvd.; 419-868-1340.
Weekdays: Hot lunches for seniors 60 and older. Reservations due by day before. Cost: $2.
Northeast Area Senior Center
705 N. Main St. Walbridge; 419-260-3228
Yoga for Arthritis by video, 10:15 a.m. every Monday and Thursday. Designed for beginners and the physically fit.
Maumee Senior Center
2430 S. Detroit Ave.; 419-893-1994.
Open weekdays from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Daily noon lunch; reservations due by noon the day before.
Computer lab is available 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Classes on computer use are offered. Call for details.
Watercolor, drawing, and oil/acrylics classes offered in six-week sessions. Call for times and fees.
Monclova Community Center
8115 Monclova Rd.; 419-861-1336.
Weekly lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, $2 donation. Reservations due the Monday before.
Body Recall exercise at 9:15 a.m. and 3 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Free 60-plus health screenings, 1:30-3:30 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month.
Perrysburg Area Senior Center
140 W. Indiana Ave.; 419-874-0847.
Gadget Club, 10-11 a.m. Call for dates.
Grocery shopping, by appointment. Reservations required.
Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Open to all denominations.
Jam session, 1-4 p.m. every Wednesday.
Bridge, 1 p.m. every Tuesday.
Zumba Gold course, 9 a.m. every Thursday. $2 per class. Information: Cheryl Fix, 419-874-0847.
Wood County Senior Center
305 N. Main St. Bowling Green; 419-353-5661
Class: Club FIT (Fitness Interactive Teaching), program will provide you with information on strengthening and stretching, taught by a local physical therapist, 10-11 a.m. Tuesdays.
Wii bowling, 1 p.m. Mondays and 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
Writer’s group, 10 a.m. every Thursday.
Watercolor art courses, 10 a.m. every Friday. Bring your own supplies.
Yoga, 6-7 p.m. every Wednesday through May 1. $20 for 8 weeks. Registration required. Call for information.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.