● The East Toledo Senior Activities Center’s all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner and craft show at Navarre Park Shelterhouse, 1001 White St., 4-7 p.m. April 10. Advance tickets: $6 seniors and children under 12 years; and $8 adults; at the door all tickets $9. Dine-in or carryout. Details: 419-691-2254.
● East Toledo Family Center’s “Hawaiian Luau” Gala at the Glass City Boardwalk, 27820 E. Broadway, Moline, 6:30 p.m. April 13. Tickets: $55/single and $100/couple and can be purchased at the center. Details: 419-691-1429 or ETFC.org. Benefits to senior program.
● Ladies’ golf league seeking new members, preseason meeting will be at the Riverby Hills Golf Club, 16571 W. River Rd., 9 a.m. Wednesday. Details: 419-346-0748.
● Northwest Ohio Chapter In-Formation Golf Outing and Spring fund-raiser for suicide prevention, awareness, and survivor initiatives, held at Stone Ridge Golf Course, 1553 Murfield Dr., tee time 1 p.m. April 26. Cost: $75. Includes 18 holes of golf and dinner. Hole sponsorship: $125 per hole. Registration and details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Clay Center Fire Social Association sponsoring bingo at Clay Center Fire Station #2, 420 Main St., 7-10 p.m. Saturday. Split the pot prizes. 419-855-7444.
● Craft and Gift Show at Holland Gardens, 6530 Angola Rd., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Free. Springfield Township Fire Department will have a booth. Benefits Honor Flight and Planned Pethood. 419-320-8631 or email@example.com.
● Ron Howard and Cruisin benefit at Cleats, 6801 E. Harbor Rd., 1-5 p.m. Sunday. The band’s transportation was involved in an accident that destroyed the van and all equipment. The community, friends, and colleagues are coming together to hold this benefit. Buffet: $25 (or donation at the door without buffet). Entertainment includes Cruisin, Colin Dussault, and Smooth Groove. Details: 419-734-9464.
● All-you-can-eat pancake breakfast and silent auction sponsored by the Northern Light Masonic Lodge #40, 114 W. Wayne St., 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $5 adults; $3 children 10 years and under. Benefit for Kidney Foundation of Northwest Ohio. Tickets available in advance or at the door. Kidney Foundation, 419-329-2353.
● Rummage sale at St. Joseph’s Community Center, 130 W. Broadway St., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Satuday. Brown paper grocery bag day Saturday with clothing $2, other items half price.
● Invision Salon and the Bethany House’s raffle and cut-a-thon fund-raiser at the salon, 1635 Tollgate Dr., 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Benefits Bethany House, helping abused and battered women and children.
● Henry County Arts Council presents Swingmania and dinner at the Christ United Methodist Church, 1325 Glenwood Ave., shows 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., dinner 5:15 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. April 14. Advance tickets: $10; at the door $12. Dinner menu: grilled pork loin all-you-can-eat buffet dinner, cost $10. Because of limited seating please dine after your show. Reservations: 419-592-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Big Band at the Bay “Sentimental Journey” with Night Session Big Band Orchestra at Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center, 1750 State Park Rd. #2, dinner 6-7:30 p.m., dancing 7:30-11:30 p.m. April 13. Details and cost: 419-836-1466 or maumeebaystateparklodge.com.
● Live in the House Concert Series presents Warren Mailley-Smith, pianist to the royal family, at the Pemberville Opera House, 115 Main St., 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets $10 at Beeker’s General Store, Riverbank Antiques or call Carol, 419-287-4848 or at the door. pembervilleoperahouse.org.
● TOPICS Camera Club meeting at the Way Public Library, 101 E. Indiana Ave., 7 p.m. Wednesday. TOPICSCameraClub.com.
● Prom Dress Extravaganza Event presented by the Raising Awareness Club and Springfield High School Academic Boosters at Owens Community College’s Student Health and Activities Center, 30335 Oregon Rd., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Minimal cost for prom dresses $5-20 and accessories 50 cents to $5. Details: 567-661-2569 or 800-GO-OWENS, Ext. 2569.
● St. Rose Parish’s Moonlight and Roses event at the Pinnacle, 1772 Indian Wood Circle, Maumee, 6-10:30 p.m. April 13. Event includes dinner, auction, and reverse raffle. Cost: $150 per couple which includes two dinners and a raffle ticket or $112 per person which includes one dinner ticket and a raffle ticket. Single raffle tickets: $75 each. Reservations: 419-874-4559 or details at saintroseonline.org.
● The Live in the House Concert Series presents Warren Mailley-Smith, pianist to the royal family at the Otsego High School Auditorium, 18505 Tontogany Creek Rd., 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets $10 and are available at: Washer’s Laundromat or call Lynne Long, 419-832-5664 or at the door. grandrapidsartscouncil.org.
● Euchre Tournament at Walbridge VFW Post 9963, 109 N. Main St., 1 p.m. until finish Saturday. Entry fee: $10 includes lunch. No smoking.
● Waterville Area Arts Council and Animal House Glass offers a Mosaic glass tabletop class at Carruth’s Garden Smiles, 211 Mechanic St., 10 a.m.-noon April 13 and 20. Glass artist Gail Christofferson will teach. Cost: $50. Advance registration required. Forms available at Silver Lining Gallery, 122 Mechanic St. Details: 419-441-0025.
● The Children’s Choir of Northwest Ohio presents Spring Concert “Meant to Make Music...Together!” at the Community of Christ Lutheran Church, 6517 Finzel Rd., 4 p.m. April 14. Free concert features 50 young musicians in grades 3-10 and guest artists Kristen Robideaux, violin; tenor Gregory J Ashe, and the Beat Dance Company Select Dancers. Details: ccofnwo.org.
● “Planting Seeds of Hope: Serving a Healthy Food Table” program at Lial Renewal Center, 5908 Davis Rd., 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. April 13. Presenting is Sr. Rita Wienken, OSF/T. Workshop: $45 and includes lunch. Register at email@example.com, 419-877-0432 or lialrenewalcenter.org.
● Art Classes, Village Hall, 6925 Providence St.: Garden Keepsake Note Cards with Joan Soldenwagner, 6-8 p.m. April 15. Create note cards, using dried perennials, annuals, ferns, or leaves. Cost: $28. Reservations: 419-877-5383 or whitehouseoh.gov.
● Breakfast at Voiture 141, 2232 Airport Hwy., 9 a.m.-noon Sunday. Cost: $6.
● Cass Road Baptist Church’s pancake and sausage breakfast with eggs strata, 1400 Cass Rd., Maumee, 8:30-10:30 a.m. Saturday. Cost: $5 adults; $2 children 6-10; and free to children 5 and under. Details: 419-893-2008.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 9 a.m.-noon every Sunday. Cost: $5. Children’s menu available. 419-666-7762.
● VFW Post 3338 breakfast, 2231 South Ave., 9 a.m.- 1 p.m. Sunday. Cost: $4. 419-381-0153
● Eagle Cafe offers lunch and dinner, Maumee Eagles, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, lunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, $4.95; dinner 5-8 p.m., Monday-Thursday, $4.95. Menu: 419-893-3952 or maumeeeagles.com.
● Progressive Fishing Association’s fish fry, 7675 Schadel Rd., Whitehouse, 5-8 p.m. every Friday. Cost: $8 adults; $7.50 seniors (60 and over); $5 children (11 and under). 419-392-4715.
● Holland American Legion fish fry, 1074 Clarion Ave., 4:30-7:30 p.m. Fridays. Lake perch or pollock. Take-out 419-865-8511.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 5-7:45 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat, $8. 419-666-7762.
● Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). 419-893-3821.
● Rossford Eagles chicken dinner, 658 Lime City Rd., Rossford, noon Sunday. Cost: $8.50. 419-666-9253.
● American Legion Post 384 steaks on the grill, 6910 Providence St., Whitehouse, 5-8 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $12; $11.50 seniors. 419-877-5171.
At the Library
Heatherdowns Branch Library
3265 Glanzman Rd.; 419-259-5270.
● Preschool storytime, 7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays. Call for registration.
Reynolds Corners Branch Library
4833 Dorr St., Toledo; 419-259-5320.
● Homework helper, 6 p.m. every Monday and Tuesday.
Rossford Public Library
720 Dixie Hwy.; 419-666-0924.
● Tuesdays with Adam, between 1-7 p.m. every Tuesday. Free general computer and technology help.
● Local historian Fred Folger will discuss the life and times of Anthony Wayne, 2 p.m. Saturday.
Birmingham Branch Library
203 Paine Ave.; 419-259-5210.
● Kidspace, 4 p.m. Tuesdays.
● ABLE mobile benefit bank, 5-8 p.m. Tuesdays. Free.
● Homework helper, 3:30 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
● Tax help, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. today and April 9.
● TeenSpace, 4 p.m. Thursday. Grades 4-8.
Genoa Branch Library
602 West St.; 419-855-3380.
● Storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., Tuesdays.
Harris-Elmore Public Library
328 Toledo St., Elmore; 419-862-2482.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., every Wednesday.
Locke Branch Library
703 Miami St., Toledo; 419-259-5310.
● Retooling Your Life — Getting the Skills You Need. Set up an email account, learn how to search or apply for a job online, and update your resume. Call for a one-hour appointment. Free.
● Homework helper, 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
● Crafternoons, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
● Puppets from the Magic Basket, 6 p.m. April 23.
Maumee Branch Library
501 River Rd.; 419-259-5360.
● Book explorers, 10-11 a.m. Wednesdays.
Oregon Branch Library
3340 Dustin Rd.; 419-259-5250.
● Senior book discussion, 12:30-1:30 p.m. Friday
● ABLE Mobile Benefit Bank Advocates for Basic Legal Equality representative, 2:30-5 p.m. every second Wednesday of the month, available to assist with basic legal issues.
● Family storytime, 7-7:30 p.m. Mondays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Preschool storytime, 10:30-11 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Babytime, 10:30-10:50 a.m. Thursdays. Ages 1-2. Registration required.
Walbridge Branch Library
108 N. Main St.; 419-666-9900.
● Family storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave., Perrysburg; 419-874-3135.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
● Mother Goose time, 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Thursdays.
Waterville Branch Library
800 Michigan Ave., Waterville; 419-878-3055.
● Anime club, 5 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month, grades 6-12.
● National Library Week puppet show, 7-8 p.m. April 16. All ages. Registration required.
●Crafternoon at the Library, 10 a.m.-noon April 19.
● Homeschooling Book Bunch book discussion, 2-3 p.m. April 24. Ages 8-15.
● Program on estimating your net worth, 10 a.m.-noon April 20. Registration required.
Whitehouse Community Library
10615 Waterville St., Whitehouse; 419-877-9088.
● Book Nuts discussions April 10. Call for details.
● Spring party, 10:30 a.m.-noon Saturday. Stories, crafts, and refreshments.
Woodville Public Library
101 East Main St., Woodville; 419-849-2744.
● Preschool storytime, 7 p.m. Mondays when school is in session.
● LEGO club, 10-11 a.m. Saturday. For grades K-6.
● KidzArt, 11-11:45 a.m. Saturday. Grades K-6.
● Cookbook club, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
● Spring Break movie matinee, 2 p.m. Thursday.
Senior Citizens' Activities
East Toledo Senior Activities Center
1001 White St.; 419-691-2254.
Offering daily lunches, occasional day trips, and athletic programs.
Free painting classes, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. every Thursday at Navarre Park Shelter House, 1001 White St., using acrylics, watercolors, and oils.
Housekeeping services for seniors 60 or older in East Toledo or Oregon. Cost is $10 per hour for members and $16 per hour for non-members. 419-691-2254.
Wii bowling, 12:30 p.m. every Wednesday.
Genoa Senior Center
514 Main St.; 419-855-4491.
Open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Lunch at 11:30 a.m.; $3.
JWH Oregon Senior Center
5760 Bayshore Rd.; 419-698-7078.
Open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. daily. Suggested donation is $2.50 for seniors 60 and older, $5.32 for others; reservations due 24 hours in advance.
Activities: bingo, fitness, line dancing, bunco, euchre, health screenings.
Pemberville Area Senior Center
220 Cedar St., 419-287-4109.
Trivia, 11:45 a.m. Fridays.
Current events discussions, 12:45 p.m. every Wednesday.
Computer help desk, 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Registration required.
Holland Community Senior Center
330 Oak Terrace Blvd.; 419-868-1340.
Weekdays: Hot lunches for seniors 60 and older. Reservations due by day before. Cost: $2.
Northeast Area Senior Center
705 N. Main St. Walbridge; 419-260-3228
Yoga for Arthritis by video, 10:15 a.m. every Monday and Thursday. Designed for beginners and the physically fit.
Maumee Senior Center
2430 S. Detroit Ave.; 419-893-1994.
Open weekdays from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Daily noon lunch; reservations due by noon the day before.
Computer lab is available 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Classes on computer use are offered. Call for details.
Watercolor, drawing, and oil/acrylics classes offered in six-week sessions. Call for times and fees.
Monclova Community Center
8115 Monclova Rd.; 419-861-1336.
Weekly lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, $2 donation. Reservations due the Monday before.
Body Recall exercise at 9:15 a.m. and 3 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Free 60-plus health screenings, 1:30-3:30 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month.
Perrysburg Area Senior Center
140 W. Indiana Ave.; 419-874-0847.
Gadget Club, 10-11 a.m. Call for dates.
Grocery shopping, by appointment. Reservations required.
Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Open to all denominations.
Jam session, 1-4 p.m. every Wednesday.
Bridge, 1 p.m. every Tuesday.
Zumba Gold course, 9 a.m. every Thursday. $2 per class. Information: Cheryl Fix, 419-874-0847.
Wood County Senior Center
305 N. Main St. Bowling Green; 419-353-5661
Class: Club FIT (Fitness Interactive Teaching), program will provide you with information on strengthening and stretching, taught by a local physical therapist, 10-11 a.m. Tuesdays.
Wii bowling, 1 p.m. Mondays and 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
Writer’s group, 10 a.m. every Thursday.
Watercolor art courses, 10 a.m. every Friday. Bring your own supplies.
Yoga, 6-7 p.m. every Wednesday through May 1. $20 for 8 weeks. Registration required. Call for information.