● Downtown Bowling Green seeking help from area auto enthusiasts for the Classics on Main Car Show scheduled for July 13. All types of jobs available: hanging signs, parking cars, and counting Exhibitors’ Choice ballots. Varied shifts available and are 2-3 hours long. More than 300 cars will line Main St. for the show. Interested individuals and groups call 419-354-4332 or e-mail email@example.com.
● Toledo Community Recreation Program late night basketball for anyone 16 years and older at East Toledo Family Center, 1020 Varland Ave., 9:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m., Mondays and Wednesdays, through Aug. 11. Curfews will be followed. Days and times subject to change. ID’s required. Details: Jim, 419-356-1077.
● VFW Post 2510 hold a Musician night/jam session, 617 Second St., 7 p.m.-11 p.m. on Wednesdays. Musicians from all over town are welcome to participate. Open to the public. Dancing with performances by guest bands who volunteer to come and perform from 7:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. on Thursdays. There is a $5 cover charge at the door. Refreshments available for purchase. Details: 419-697-4503.
● LEGO Collision Cars Summer camp at Owens Community College in the Community Education and Wellness Center, Findlay Campus, 3200 Bright Rd., grades 3-5 from 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m., grades 6-8 from 1-4:30 p.m. Monday through July 11. Explore science, technology, engineering, and mathematics through the use of Lego materials. Cost: $149. For more information/registration: 567-661-7357 or owensworks.com.
● Wounded Warrior Project benefit Sprint Distance Triathlon/Duathlon by PT Services Rehabilitation Inc. and the Sandusky County Park District and Nomad Multisport Racing at White Star Park, 901 S. Main St., 8 a.m. July 20. 5k Trail Run/fun run at 6:30 p.m. July 19. Early bird discounts for the triathlon, duathlon, and 5k. Details and registration information available at: whitestartriathlon.com.
● Haskins Community Ice Cream Social at St. Paul Lutheran Church, corner of Forst Rd. and State Route 582, 1 mile west of Haskins, 4:30-7 p.m. July 14. Classic antique car and tractor show, silent auction, music, children’s activities, and food. Proceeds towards medical expenses for Seth Davis, 14 years, of Grand Rapids, and Susanna Herman of Bowling Green.
● Glass City Singles Dance Parties with a Father’s Day Celebration at Holland Gardens, 6530 Angola Rd., 8 p.m. to midnight July 12.For singles 21 and up. 734-856-8963
● Ageless Wonders of Lake Township meeting for dinner at Tony Packo’s, 1902 Front St., Toledo, 5 p.m. July 11. Questions: 419-836-3811.
● LEGO Collision Cars Summer camp at Owens Community College in the Arrowhead Park Learning Center, 1724 Indian Wood Circle, grades 3-5 from 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m., grades 6-8 from 1-4:30 p.m. July 15 through July 18. Explore science, technology, engineering, and mathematics through the use of Lego materials. Cost: $149. For more information/registration: 567-661-7357 or owensworks.com.
● Side Cut Metropark’s Programs: Side Cut Explorer at Riverview Area, 1025 W. River Rd., 10-11 a.m. today. Travel along the banks of the Maumee River and down the canal towpath on an open-air trolley, wheelchair accessible, cost $3. Reservations needed, 419-407-9701.
● Area Women are invited to “Novelties and Nostalgia” luncheon and program at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman Rd., doors open 11:30 a.m., lunch buffet 12 p.m. July 11. Special Feature: Anita Grieger from Novelties and Nostalgia. Music: Elijah Edwards of Genoa. Speaker: Judith Barlow of Strongville with “A Busy Person Who Found Inner Peace.” Cost: $10.50. Sponsored by the Toledo East Women’s Connection (formerly Christian Women’s Club). Reservations: Dorothy, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
● Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Ohio hosts Ride for Kids’ Sake starting at the UAW Local 1435 Hall, 29781 Oregon Rd. and ending at the Toledo Harley Davidson, 7960 W. Central Ave., registration 10 a.m., departing at 11 a.m. July 20. All bikes welcome. Cost: $25 per bike or $35 for bike with a passenger. Details/registration, 419-243-4600.
● “Thanks for the Mammories” Golf Outing at Heather Downs Country Club, 3910 Heatherdowns Blvd., registration 8 a.m., shotgun start at 9 a.m. July 13. Cost: $340/team or $85/individual. Enjoy 18 holes of golf, skins, lunch, 50/50 raffle, prizes, silent auction, and more! To register or details contact: Melissa Cogar, 419-245-4712 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All proceeds to the Northwest Ohio Affiliate of Susan G. Komen.
● Huge Rummage Sale, Believe Center, 2 Aurora L. Gonzales Dr. (behind the Mayores Senior Center), 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday to Sunday. Information: 419-244-6097 or 419-243-3918.
● ProMedica St. Lukes’ Hospital Auxiliary’s Quarter Mania fund-raiser at the Walbridge Park Shelter House, 2761 Broadway St., doors open at 6 p.m., event begins at 7 p.m. July 11. Several vendors donating items from Tupperware, Arbonne, Thirty One Gifts, Mary Kay, Pampered Cheff, and more for auction. Food and beverages available for purchase. Proceeds for renovations of the children’s waiting area in the Emergency Department Lobby.
● Toledo Community Recreation Program late-night basketball for anyone 16 years and older at the Believe Center, 1 Aurora Gonzalez Dr., 9:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m., Thursdays and Sundays, through Aug. 11. Curfews will be followed. Days and times subject to change. ID’s required. Details: Jim, 419-356-1077.
● Women’s Connection luncheon at Highland Meadows Golf Club, 7455 Erie St., 11:15 a.m.-1:15 p.m. July 12. $12 entry. Information: 419-535-5853.
● Centennial Celebration at Loop Park, Breckman St., 12 p.m.-11 p.m. today, Friday, and Saturday. Rides, food, entertainment, craft/business vendors, and historic displays. Other events Centennial Ceremony at 12 p.m. and talent show at 1:30 p.m. Thursday. Parade 11 a.m. Saturday.
● Crime Scene Investigator Youth Camp at Owens Community College in the Center for Emergency Preparedness, 30150 Tracy Rd., Walbridge, ages 13-17 from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. July 9-11. Become a detective for several days and learn how the world of forensic science is used in solving a crime. Cost: $150. Details or to register: 567-661-2411 or 1-800-GO-OWENS, extension 2411.
● Waterville’s Red, White, and Boom Fireworks and Festival at Waterville Primary School, 457 Sycamore Lane, 5:30-9:30 p.m. with fireworks at 10 p.m. Thursday. Free music and entertainment. Food and beverages available for purchase. There will be children’s activities, crafts, and games. T-shirts designed by 3rd grader Katherine Freytag will be sold for $12 each or 2 for $20. Proceeds will benefit the 2014 fireworks.
● Seventh annual Keith Dressel Memorial Ride at Powertrain Park, 5444 Jackman Rd., registration beginning at 9 a.m. July 13. Ride leaves at 11 a.m. 50 mile round trip. $25 for singles, $35 for doubles. Fee includes shirt and lunch. Information: 419-251-0072.
● David G. Schlaudecker with executive director of Leadership Toledo will speak at the American Legion Post 335 in the Toledo Club, 235 14 St., 11:30 a.m. Friday. Information: 419-868-3039 or 419-382-4401.
● Euchre tournament at Knights of Columbus Hall, 4256 Secor Rd., 7 p.m. Friday. $5 entry fee.
● LaGrange St. Polish Festival at the Chester J. Zablocki Senior Center, 3015 LaGrange St., July 12-14.
● Summer open house at Emmanuel Christian School, 7 p.m. July 8 and 30. Information: www.ecstoledo.org.
● Back to School Fair at Pilgrim Church, 1375 W. Sylvania Ave., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Aug. 10. Information: 419-478-6012.
● Founder’s Day Celebration at the Whitehouse Village Hall, 6925 Providence St., 5:30 p.m.-10:15 p.m. with fireworks at dusk Friday. Great music, food, fun, and fireworks! Featuring live music by Mt. Fuji and the Eruptions, children’s bounce house, and food vendors. Bring your lawn chairs or blankets. Sponsored by the Whitehouse Area Chamber of Commerce. Details: 419-877-5383.
● Terrace View Cafe Luncheons at Owens Community College, College Hall Room 148, 30335 Oregon Rd., Perrysburg, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Tuesdays through July 23. Area residents invited to experience an array of foods. Cost: $9.50. Tuesday’s entree is curried chicken. Menu for July 9 is medallions of pork. Reservations required by calling 567-661-7759 or owens.edu/terrace.
● 2013 Greek Luncheons at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral, Cherry and Summit streets, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. July 11. Menu: Beef or chicken gyros on pita bread and fries, Greek salad, bread, coffee or iced tea. Cost: $8.99. Pastries, pop, and bottled water available for purchase. 419-243-9189
● Baked steak or barbecue ribs at Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Hwy. 109, 5-7 p.m. Friday. Includes: mashed potatoes, baked beans, vegetable, tossed salad or coleslaw, rolls, dessert, and drinks. Cost: $8 adults; $4 children 4-12 years; under 3 free. 419-822-4526.
● American Legion Post 384 steaks on the grill, 6910 Providence St., Whitehouse, 5-8 p.m. July 13. Includes: baked potato, salad, rolls/butter, relishes, and coffee. Cost: $12; $11.50 seniors. 419-877-5171