Loading…
Friday, July 11, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Wednesday, 11/2/2005

Maumee: School board approves construction program

The Maumee Board of Education approved more than $40,000 in additional construction and renovation work last week.

By a 4-1 vote, the board approved $41,657 in change orders for work at Gateway Middle School and the new Ft. Miami Elementary School.

Board member Sylvia Washburn voted against the changes because she was concerned that the district is running out of money in the contingency fund that it uses to pay for the changes.

Board member Bob Righi said that the project is still within the acceptable range for the number of errors and omissions for a project of that size.

The contingency fund should have about $190,000 to cover later work at Union Elementary School, but the district is expecting to have only about $22,000, board President Glenn Rambo said.

The district expects to need about $120,000 to demolish the old Ft. Miami Elementary School.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.