COLUMBUS — An Ohio man who jokingly sought $10 to pay for his first attempt at making potato salad has raised more than $37,000 from a crowdfunding Internet site.
Zack “Danger” Brown, of Columbus, says he’s now considering throwing a huge public potato-salad party with the money, which started pouring in after his request took on a life of its own.
Six days into the campaign, he’s raised money from more than 3,400 backers worldwide.
The 31-year-old co-owner of a software company says he hasn’t been getting much sleep.
Brown tells The Columbus Dispatch that he did it for the “pure enjoyment and silliness of life.”
- Plane diverts to Columbus airport after alleged threats
- Central Ohio highway remains closed after tanker fire
- Family: Ohio girl, 4, shot by officer is recovering
- Ex-homeless man with golden voice running for president
- Indians call up Cody Anderson to make debut