Loading…
Wednesday, October 01, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
HomeA&EMovies
Published: Sunday, 7/6/2014

Harrison Ford injury to halt 'Star Wars' for 2 weeks

ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK  — Harrison Ford’s injury will cause production on “Star Wars: Episode VII” to be suspended for two weeks.

Disney announced Sunday that shooting would be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Ford’s injury. The 71-year-old broke his leg in June during filming of the much-anticipated sequel at Pinewood Studios outside of London.

Disney had said earlier that Ford’s injury wouldn’t cause any delays. The studio said Sunday that “Episode VII” is still “on track” to wrap in the fall and be released in December 2015.

The accident involved a spacecraft door on the Millennium Falcon falling on Ford’s leg. His recuperation was expected to take up to two months.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Related stories