The Blade Quiz
Thursday, May 16, 2013
1. Why was Lake Erie mostly algae free in the summer of 2012?
2. What were the causes of Lake Erie's record 2011 algal bloom?
3. Which local school offers such classes as "Kayak Camp" and "Sunken Ship
Exploration on Put-in-Bay Island" this summer?
4. Who was being honored by Toledo police officers in a ceremony at the Memorial
Garden behind Municipal Court on Wednesday?
5. How much more daylight will we have tomorrow than today?
6. Who is Jordan Grosjean and what is he pictured celebrating?
7. Which local high school team is at the top of the City League standings in softball?
8. Which university does Notre Dame athlete Hannah Saba prefer, Michigan or Ohio
9. What is the name of contestant #477 in The Blade's Pet Idol Contest?
10. What activity are the people participating in in this week's Blade photo of the week?
1. It was algae free because of a massive drought that lasted for months. Sect. A, page 3
2. It was caused by farm fertilizers, street runoff and sewage overflows. Sect. A, page 3
3. The Maritime Academy of Toledo offers these classes. Sect. A, Page 5
4. The Toledo police were honoring deceased law enforcement officers. Section B,
5. Two minutes, the sun will rise one minute earlier and set one minute later tomorrow
than it did today. Sect. B, page 8
6. Jordan is Clay High School's pitcher and he is celebrating the team's defeat of
Springfield in the Division 1 sectional baseball final. Sec. C, page 1
7. Start High School is at the top of the chart. Sec. C, page 3
8. She prefers The University of Michigan.Sec. C, page 4
9. His name is Oscar. Sec. D, page 3
10. A father and daughter from Portsmouth, Ohio are bird watching on a trail in Magee