WASHINGTON — Two U.S. Naval Academy midshipmen who are accused of sexually assaulting a student have been denied requests to separate their cases from a joint proceeding.
Attorneys for midshipmen Tra’ves Bush and Eric Graham said during a military hearing today that their requests had been denied by academy officials.
Bush, Graham and midshipman Josh Tate are attending a hearing to determine whether they will face a court-martial.
Bush’s lawyers have already cross-examined the alleged victim.
Cross-examination by Graham’s lawyers continued today.
Lawyers for Tate haven’t yet had a chance to cross examiner her. The Article 32 hearing began Tuesday.
The three former Navy football players are charged with sexually assaulting the student at an off-campus party in April 2012.
She’s now a senior at the academy and says she doesn’t remember having sex with the men.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.