• 24th Annual Antique Show sponsored by Saline Area Historical Society, Washtenaw Farm Council Grounds, 5055 Ann Arbor Saline Rd., 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Admission: $3, free for ages 7 and under. Information: 734-429-3164 or 734-944-0713.
• Blissfield Model Railroad Club monthly open house, 115 East Adrian St., 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday. Large HO-scale model railroad occupies the second floor of the building, layout models parts of the Chesapeake, Ohio, and Clinchfield railroads in Kentucky and West Virginia. Donations. blissfieldmrc.org.
• Erie Mason Senior High School swimming pool is open to the public every Wednesday, from 7 to 9 p.m. Certified lifeguards always on duty.
• Moms Club of Monroe County West meets every Friday for a play group at 10 a.m., New Life Church, 6023 Summerfield Rd. Information: 734-819-6142 or email@example.com.
• Winter Blues or more serious depression? Caring Alternatives' clinical staff can access the difference and help you cope. Information: 734-242-8711 or 734-847-4983, caringalternatives.com.
• Parenting After Violence and Caregivers Helping to Affect and Nurture Children Early (CHANCE), and Help for Victims of Auto Accident programs offered at Caring Alternatives, 2092 South Custer Rd. Information or to enroll, 734-424-8711.
• Support for Survivors of Sexual Assault at Caring Alternatives Inc., 2092 South Custer Rd., meetings from 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 10-11:30 a.m. Thursdays. Group meetings are confidential and facilitated by professionals experienced in areas of sexual assault and domestic violence. Available to members at no cost. Crisis hot line, 734-243-6410, always available at no cost. For confidential information, call 734-242-8711 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bedford Artist's Club meeting, Bedford Library, 8575 Jackman Rd., 7 p.m., Tuesday. Guest artist: Curtice Olsen, presenting a hands on Illuminated Lettering project. Cost: $2. Contact: Liz Jording, 734-856-6367.
• Walleye Military Appreciation Night presented by Stautzenberger College, the Huntington Center, 500 Jefferson Ave., 7 p.m., Saturday. To purchase tickets (discounted tickets $13 each): toledowalleye.com/military, 419-725-9257, email@example.com. To donate tickets to military families: Heroes In Action, heroesinaction.org, 419-699-3439. Proceeds to Heroes In Action.
• Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Unity Celebration 2011, University of Toledo Savage Arena, 9:30-11:30 a.m., Monday. Canned food accepted for Martin Luther King Kitchen for the Poor. UT volunteers sought. To volunteer: unitedwaytoledo.org.
• Toledo Herpetological Society meeting, Toledo Natural Science and Technology Center, 5561 Elmer Drive, 7 p.m. Jan. 20. Suzanne Husband, keeper at the Zoo, will speak on the dangers of palm oil plantations to wildlife and the environment. Information: toledoherps.org.
• Autism Program Open House, Toledo Hearing & Speech Center, 3148 West Central Ave., two sessions: 8:30-10:30 a.m. and 4-6 p.m., Monday. Snacks, tours. 419-241-6219.
• The Toledo Mothers of Twins Club, meeting at Education Center Auditorium in the Toledo Hospital, 2142 North Cove Blvd., social time 7 p.m., meeting 7:30 p.m., Thursday. Information: 419-472-5032 or tmotc.org.
• Dental Center of Northwest Ohio provides dental care for underserved children and adults in 18 counties. For appointments: 1-866-378-6965; 419-422-7664 in Findlay; 419-241-6215 in Toledo.
• Veteran's Writing Workshop, Sylvania Branch Library, 6749 Monroe St., Sylvania, 6-8 p.m., every Monday through Feb. 21. Amy Hartman, adult services librarian, and Holly Baumgartner, professor of English at Lourdes College, conduct a free six-week workshop to encourage veterans, active and retired, to write about their experiences. Registration required, 419-882-2089.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.