● Sylvania First United Methodist Chancel Choir performance, 7000 Erie St. Christmas Eve services will be held at 9 and 11 p.m. Information: 419-882-2205 or www.sylvaniafirst.org.
● Annual thespian conference hosted by Sylvania Northview High School, March 1-3. For information: 419-824-8553, 419-824-8670 or www.northviewtheatre.org/home/
● Toledo Base Submarine Veterans monthly meeting at Charley’s Restaurant, 6945 West Central Ave., 6:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month. Information: 419-459-4985 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● A Political Tribute to James H. Brennan, Sr. opening at the Toledo-Lucas County Public Main Library, 325 Michigan St., open until Dec. 31. The display is free and open to the public during normal library hours. Information: 419-259-5266.
● Children’s art classes at the Toledo Botanical Gardens, 5403 Elmer Dr., 4 p.m. on Wednesdays and 10 a.m. on Saturdays. Sponsored by the Toledo Artists’ Club. Call for registration: 419-841-8153.
● Toledo Area Ministries Feed Your Neighbor food pantry at Zion Lutheran Church, 8307 Memorial Hwy., the second Tuesday of each month, 10 a.m.-noon. Free food. Details: 734-856-2921.
● ALMA Drum and Dance event at the Toledo Museum of Art’s Peristyle Theater, 2445 Monroe St., 3 p.m. Saturday. Free and open to the public. Information: 419-810-2800.
● Dance clinic presented by the Central Catholic High School Dance Team at the Central Catholic Sullivan Center, 2550 Cherry St., 8:30-11 a.m with check-in at 8:15 a.m. for grade K-4 and noon-3 p.m. with check-in at 11:45 a.m. for grades 5-8 on Fb. 2. $25 per student. Information and registration: 419-255-2280 or www.centralcatholic.org.
● Senior citizens New Year celebration at Alexis Gardens Senior Center, 4560 West Alexis Rd., Jan. 4-5. Events are free and open to the public. For event information: 419-472-7115 or www.alexisgardens.com.
● Toledo Potters’ Guild pottery classes for adults and chicken starting Jan. 7. Adult classe are 10 weeks, meeting once a week for 2 and a half hours with sessions offered on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Children’s sessions are for 2 hours on Wednesdays for 10 weeks. For registration and fees, call 419-536-5723 or go to www.toledopottersguild.org.
● Tai chi for health courses at the Walbridge Senior Center, 705 North Main St., 10-11 a.m. Jan 2., Lutheran Home Community Room, 131 North Wheeling St., 6:30-8 p.m. Jan. 8, at the Maumee Center, 406 Illinois Ave., 9:45-10:45 a.m. and 7:30-8:30 a.m. Jan. 3, and 9-10:30 a.m. Jan. 5. For more times and information, call 419-537-0131 or email@example.com.
● Machine Embroidery Guild meetings are the second Saturday of each month at Quilt Heaven Quilt Shop, 8177 Secor Rd., 11 a.m. Membership information: 419-841-5373.
● Monroe County Quilt Guild meeting held the second Thursday of every month at Monroe Post 1138 Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall, 400 Jones Ave., 7 p.m. Visitors welcome. Details: 734-850-8888.
● Screening of Band of Sisters at the La-Z-Boy Meyer Theater at Monroe County Community College, 7 p.m. Jan. 25. Presented by the Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. $8 for reserved seating. Tickets: 734-384-4272 or www.bandofsistersmovie.com.
● Cat Fanciers’ Association cat show at Monroe County Community College, 1555 Raisinville Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Jan. 26 and 27. $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, $4 for kids 6-12. Information: www.cfa.org.
● Chili supper and auction at Grace United methodist Church, 1463 West Samaria Rd., 4:30-7 p.m. Jan. 4. $6.50 per person. Information: 734-856-3490.
● Worlds of the Maya hosted by filmmaker Sandy Mortimer at the Tecumseh Center for the Arts, 400 North Maumee St., 1 p.m. Jan. 8. Information: 517-423-6617 or www.theTCA.org.
● “Kick Off” the Weight Health Challenge with author Zonya Foco at the Tecumseh Center for the Arts, 400 North Maumee St., 1 p.m. Jan. 13. $10. Information: 517-423-6617 or www.theTCA.org.
● VFW Post 9656 all-you-can-eat breakfast, 4120 Piehl Rd., Lambertville, Michigan, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Sunday. Menu: Scrambled eggs, sausage links, ham slice, pancakes, french toast, fried potatoes, sausage gravy/biscuits, orange juice, fruit cup, and coffee. Cost: $6 adults; $5 seniors over 60; $3.50 children 6-12; children under 6 free. Details: 734-856-3245.
● SAL Breakfast Buffet, American Legion Wauseon Post 265, 1105 N. Shoop Ave., Wauseon, 7:30-11:30 a.m. Jan. 5. All-you-can-eat pancakes, french toast, eggs to order. Buffet: scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuits/gravy, sausage, bacon, and make your own toast. Coffee, milk, orange juice. Cost: $7.50 adults; $4 ages 9-12; ages 8 and under free with a paid adult.
● Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Rt. 109, Delta, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. every Sunday. All you can eat. Cost: $6.50 for adults; $4 for children ages 4-12, and free for children under 3. 419-822-4526.
● Just Pancakes at Salem Lutheran Church, 1125 N. Huron St., 8-10 a.m. every Saturday. Free. 419-693-9082.
● Christmas Day Dinner at Immanuel Lutheran Church, 710 Buckeye St. at Erie St., 12 p.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday. Menu: turkey, ham, and all the trimmings. Free to all. Reservations requested by Thursday, 419-726-3991. Sponsored by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
At the Library
Delta Public Library
402 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3110.
● Dial-a-Story at 419-822-5200, available 24 hours a day. Stories change every Monday.
● Storytime for 4-5 year olds begins Jan. 8 at 10 a.m.
● Storytime for ages 3 1/2-5 years, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Call for information.
● Guitar lessons 101, 1-2 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 29. Information: 360-420-7863.
● Quilt club, 5:30-7:30 p.m. beginning Jan. 7. Call for more information.
Erie Branch Library
2065 Erie Rd., Erie,.; 734-848-4420.
● Erie book club, 6:30 p.m. every second Monday of the month. Registration required.
● Playgroup, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Registration required.
Locke Branch Library
703 Miami St., 43605; 419-259-4310
● Homework helper, 3 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Swanton Public Library
305 Chestnut St,, Swanton; 419-826-2760
● Weekly chess sessions, 6-8 p.m. Wednesdays and 1-3 p.m. Saturdays.
Sylvania Branch Library
6749 Monroe St.; 419-882-2089.
● One-on-one computer training, Mondays-Saturdays. Call for times.
● Homework helper, 3 p.m. Wednesdays.
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
325 Michigan St., Toledo; 419-259-5381.
● Saturday chess players, 9-11 a.m. Saturdays. All skill levels welcome.
Washington Branch Library
5560 Harvest Lane; 419-259-5330.
● Family storytime, 7 p.m. Tuesdays. Ages 2 and up.
● Babytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 1-2.
● Preschool storytime, 10:45 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 2-5.
● Book discussion, 7 p.m. on the third Tuesday of every month. Call for information.
Bedford Branch Library
8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance; 734-847-6747.
● One-on-one computer help, 1-3 p.m. Fridays. You are welcome to bring your own devices you want help with. Registration required.
● American Red Cross blood drive, noon-6 p.m. Wednesday. Please call for information and appointment times.
● Everything ereaders, 3-8 p.m. Wednesday. Registration is requested.
● Alternative book club, 5-6:30 p.m. Thursday. Call for information.
● Anime club, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Friday. Call for information.
Dundee Branch Library
144 E. Main St., Dundee; 734-529-3310.
● Dundee Branch Library Book Club, every first Tuesday of the month. Call for information.
● Preschool Storytime, 9:30-10:30 a.m. and 11:30-12:30 Mondays.
● Small Fries, 9-10 a.m. and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Thursdays and Tuesdays.
Ida Branch Library
3016 Lewis Ave., Ida, Mich.; 734-269-2191.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Registration required.
Lenawee County Library
4459 W. US Highway 223, Adrian, 517-263-1011.
● Family storytime, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Computer classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Registration required.
● Lenawee Weavers, 10 a.m. Saturdays. Call for information.
Rasey Memorial Branch Library
4349 Oak St., Luna Pier, Mich.; 734-848-4572.
● Knit nite, 6 p.m. every Tuesday. Bring projects and share ideas with other knitters and crochet buffs.
● Luna Pier book club, 6:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of every month. New members welcome. Call for information.
Summerfield-Petersburg Branch Library
60 E. Center St., Petersburg; 734-279-1025.
● Small Fries, 10 a.m. Fridays.
● Preschool Storytime, 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Mondays.
● Hat knitting group, 6 p.m. Thursday. Knit hats and scarves for local families in Monroe County. Call for information.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Chester Zablocki Community Center
3015 Lagrange St.; 419-936-3090.
Open gym for adults, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Believe Center, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday and Fridays.
Friendship Park Senior Center
2930 131st St., Point Place; 419-936-3079.
Lunch at 11:45 a.m. weekdays.
AARP meeting, 12:30 p.m., first Thursday of every month.
Boosters, 12:30 p.m., first Tuesday of every month.
Concerned Citizens, 12:30 p.m., second Monday of every month.
Quilters, 12:30 p.m., second Tuesday of every month.
Kingston of Sylvania
4125 King Rd., Sylvania; 419-872-6200.
Community chats with Kingston, 10 a.m. first and third Fridays of each month. Free informational talks. Information: kingstonhealthcare.com or 419-724-CARE.
Sylvania Senior Center
7140 Sylvania Ave.; 419-885-3913.
Lunch served from 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. weekdays. Suggested donation: 60-plus $2.50; others, $5.32. Reservations required.
Quilting and sewing, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Monday-Thursday, weekly.
Wellness clinic, 9:30-11:30 a.m. every other Monday.
Men’s Breakfast Club, 9-10:30 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month.
Strength and balance, 1-2 p.m. Wednesday and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Friday. Call for registration.
Computer club, 4-5 p.m. Wednesdays.
Woodshop, 1-3 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Call for information.
iPad club, 4-5 p.m. every third Thursday of the month. Call for information.
Eleanor Kahle Senior Center
1315 Hillcrest Ave.; 419-476-2745.
Today: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2:45 p.m.
Tuesdays: Model railroad club, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; square dancing, 9:30 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.
Thursdays: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.
Fridays: Model railroad club, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; yoga, 9:30 a.m.
Friendship Park Community Center
2930-131 St., Point Place; 419-936-3079.
E.O.P.A meeting, the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month. Call for information.
Today: Computer classes, 9 a.m.; Concerned Citizens, 12:30 p.m.; exercise, 3 p.m.; Western Rounds, 9:30 p.m.
Tuesday: Shuffleboard, 9:15 a.m.; Point Place Seniors, 11 a.m.
Wednesday: Health clinic, 9 a.m.; line dancing, 9:30 a.m.
Thursday: Exercise, 9 a.m.; shuffleboard, 10 a.m.; euchre, 12:30 p.m.; AARP meeting, 12:30 p.m.
Friday: Bingo, 9:30 a.m.
JFS Senior Adult Center
2700 Pelham Road., Toledo; 419-531-2119.
Dr. and grocery bus, nurse 9 a.m.-1 p.m. every weekday.
Saturdays: Video movie.
Archbold Nutrition Site
Ruihley Park, Scout Cabin., Archbold; 419-445-3590.
End of the year bingo, 11 a.m. Dec. 31.
Delta Nutrition Site
401 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3452.
End of the year bingo, 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
Fayette Nutrition Site
105 E. Main St., Fayette; 419-237-1340.
The last bingo of the year, 11 a.m. Thursday.
Fulton County Senior Center
240 Clinton St., Wauseon; 419-337-9299.
Blood sugar and blood pressure checks, 10:30 a.m. on the second Wednesday of the month.
Veterans’ services, 1-2 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. Call 419-337-9299 for appointments.
Show and tell, 11 a.m. Friday.
Bedford Senior Center
1652 Samaria Rd., Temperance, Mich.; 734-856-3330.
Today: Fitness, 9 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 a.m.
Tuesdays: Bridge, 9 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.; line dance, 2:45 p.m.
Wednesdays: Fitness, 9 a.m.; hobby/crafts, 10 a.m.; bunco, 12:30 p.m.
Thursdays: Quilters, 9 a.m.; blood pressure checks, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; euchre tournament, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Fridays: Bible study, 11 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.
Frenchtown Senior Center
2786 Vivian Rd., Monroe; 734-243-6210.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Web site: frenchtownsenior.com.
Today: Bridge, 9 a.m.; quilt class, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 10 a.m.
Tuesday: Acrylic painting, 12:30 p.m,; Bunco Babes, 1 p.m.; Chix and Stix, 1 p.m.
Wednesday: Hand and foot care, 9 a.m.; Euchre, 9:30 a.m.; tap dance class, 11 a.m.; Pinochle, 12:45 p.m.
Thursday: Pool league, 1 p.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.
Friday: Swedish weaving, 9 a.m.; water color class, 12:30 p.m.; bingo, 1 p.m.
Monroe Center For Healthy Aging
15275 S. Dixie Hwy., Monroe; 734-241-0404.
Newsletter crew, 7 a.m. every third Monday of the month.
Wood Carvers, every Tuesday 6-8 p.m.
Today: Exercise, 9:15 a.m.; ‘20/20’ club, 10:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.; sign language class, 3 p.m.
Tuesday: Bingo, 1:30 p.m.; 6 p.m.; Bridge, 7 p.m.; Coin club, 7 p.m.
Wednesday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; exercise, 9:15 a.m.; Sing-along, 10:15 a.m.; yoga, 5:30 p.m.
Thursday: Cribbage, 9 a.m.; bible study, 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Friday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; brain aerobics, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 12:30 p.m. and 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Saturday: Euchre tournament, 12:30 p.m.
Sunday: Dinner, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.