● Bowling Green State University Choir presents “Holiday Happiness” benefit concert at the Bowling Green State University’s Bowen-Thompson Student Union, Lenhart Grand Ballroom, Thurstin Street, 7 p.m. Thursday. Suggested donation: $5 and tickets can be purchased in advance at the Wood Lane Residential Services, 545 Pearl St., or at the door. Drop-off services available at the Union for individuals with mobility issues. Parking in Lot E (Thurstin and Court streets), shuttle available to Union. Benefits Wood Lane Residential Services.
● Handel’s Messiah presented by the Delta Community Choir at the Delta-York Senior High School Auditorium, 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Free to the public. Donations accepted. Details: 419-822-4606.
● Genoa Civic Theatre and Literary Society presents A 1940’s Radio Christmas Carol at the Historic Town Hall Opera House, 509 1/2 Main St., 8 p.m. Friday, Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets: $12 adults; $10 seniors/students. For reservations: 419-855-3103.
● Ageless Wonders of Lake Township meeting and Christmas luncheon at the Senior Center, Mainstreet Church, 705 N. Main St., Walbridge, entertainment 11 a.m., lunch at noon on Thursday. Questions: 419-836-3811.
● Holland Springfield Spencer Historical Society’s Christmas potluck and year-end meeting at the museum, 7154 Front St., 6 p.m. Dec. 19. New members welcome. Information sought for our Veterans’ Project. Pease bring an appetizer, salad, or dessert.
● Birders of a Feather bird watching at Side Cut Metropark, 1025 W. River Rd., 8 a.m. Saturday. Bring binoculars and field guides. Register at 419-407-9701.
● Christmas tea open house at River Raisin National Battlefield Park, 1-3 p.m. Saturday. No reservations or fee. Details: 734-243-7136.
● Holiday Craft Show in the Coy Elementary School, 3604 Pickle Rd., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Free visit with Santa from 2 p.m.-4 p.m. Details: 419-691-2869.
● Christmas Nostalgia! concert, dinner, and dance in the Chalet at Oak Shade Grove, 3624 Seaman Rd., dinner 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m., concert 7:30 p.m., dancing to follow Saturday. Teutonia Mannerchor und Damenchor and Rhinelanders to perform. Dinner: $24 (children under 12 eat free); $13 for just concert/dancing and available at the door. Reservations must be made by today. Contact: Nancy Waters, 419-290-3229 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Humane Society of Ottawa County’s Cookie Walk at Peace Lutheran Church, 900 Jefferson St., 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. An assortment of cookies and treats available by the pound. Bakers still needed call Joyce, 419-732-2382 or Laurie, 419-355-7014. Proceeds benefit the animals in our local shelter.
● Holiday cookie sale at St. George Orthodox Cathedral, 738 Glenwood Rd., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Doors open at 9:30 a.m. to get your line number. Holiday cookies, specialty items, books, and gifts. Buy by the pound. Details: 419-662-3922 or email@example.com.
● Sylvania Women’s Connection West luncheon at Highland Meadows Golf Club, 7455 Erie St., 11:15 a.m.-1:15 p.m. Friday. $12 all inclusive. Information: 419-535-5853.
● Winter festival of crafts at the Franciscan Center at Lourdes College, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Free.
● Exhale Ministry Christmas Craft and Vendor Fair at Mainstreet Church 795 Campus, 5465 Moline-Martin Rd., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Raffles, food, vendors, and crafts. Details: Kristen Vick, firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds to Exhale Ministry.
● Waterville Playshop and Friends’ Christmas Concert “Let it Snow” at Zion Lutheran Church, 22 N. Second St., 7 p.m. Dec. 17. Accepting nonperishable food donations for the Anthony Wayne Food Bank. Free. Refreshments to follow.
● Wendy Kiser will speak at the American Legion Post 335 meeting in the Toledo Club, 235 14th St., lunch buffet at 11:30 a.m. Friday. Details: 419-868-3039 or 419-382-4401.
● Cookie walk at St. George Cathedral, 3754 Woodley Rd., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday.
● Christmas benefit concert at Emmanuel Baptist Church, 4207 Laskey Rd., 3 p.m. Saturday.
● Craft and gift show at the Woodley professional Center, 3829 Woodley Dr., 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
● Benefit for the Toledo Streets newspaper at Toledo Mennonite Church, 5501 Nebraska Ave., 6-8 p.m. Sunday. Live music, coffee, cookies, and caroling. Suggested donation of $10 per person. Details: 419-526-1251.
● Sounds of Christmas show presented by Central Catholic High School at the Valentine Theater, 410 Adams St., 3 p.m. Sunday. Tickets: 419-255-2280.
● Caring for the Caregiver three-week course series at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 628 Locust St., 1-2:30 p.m. Jan. 15, 22, and 29. Details: 419-661-4001 or 734-568-6801.
● All-you-can-eat breakfast buffet at First Christian Church of Sylvania, 5271 W. Alexis Rd., Sylvania, 8:30 a.m.-10 a.m. Saturday. Cost: $7 adults; $4 children (10 and under). Details, 419-882-3313.
● Just pancakes at Salem Lutheran Church, 1125 N. Huron St., 8-10 a.m. Saturdays. Free. 419-693-9082.
● Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Rt. 109, Delta, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sundays. All you can eat. Cost: $6.50 for adults; $4 for children ages 4-12, and free for children under 3. 419-822-4526 or fbcogt.com.
● Breakfast at the VFW Post 3338, 2231 South Ave., Toledo 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday. Omelets, basic egg breakfast, and french toast. Cost: $4.25-$3.75; $2.50 for children, 419-381-0153.
● Big breakfast at American Legion Post 384, 6910 Providence St., Whitehouse, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday, 419-877-5171. Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, potatoes, juice, and coffee. Cost: $7 adults; $6 seniors; $4 child.
● Eagle Cafe, Maumee Eagles, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, lunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, $4.95; dinner 5-8 p.m., Monday-Thursday, $4.95. Carry-out available. For menu: 419-893-3952 or maumeeeagles.com.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 5 p.m.-7:45 p.m. Friday. Chicken, steaks, and shrimp available for purchase. 419-666-7762.
● Conn-Weissenberger Post 587, 2020 W. Alexis Rd., 5-7 p.m. Fridays. Fish dinner (all-you-can-eat), $8; 3-piece chicken or shrimp dinner $7.50, combo (fish and shrimp) dinner $9. Dinners include fries, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, and applesauce. 419-471-0587.
● Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). Also available: perch, steaks, chicken strips at various prices. 419-893-3821.
● Warsaw Roast (kielbasa-stuffed pork roast) dinner at Resurrection Polish National Catholic Church, 1835 W. Temperance Rd., Temperance, 5-7 p.m. Thursday. Also on menu: roast, mashed potatoes/gravy, pierogi, sweet/sour cabbage, vegetable, Polish-style coffee cake, dessert, and beverage. Coffee cakes and duck soup available for additional charge. For delivery in Bedford Township area and south to Alexis Road, call 419-509-1115 (before Thursday). Cost: $10. Details: 734-847-5052.
● Friday dinners at VFW Post 2510, 617 Second St. at Platt St., 4-7 p.m. Fridays. Cost between $7 and $8. Details: 419-697-4503.
At the Library
Bedford Branch Library
8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance; 734-847-6747.
● Century House Preservationists meeting, 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesday.
● Rowdy Bunch 4-H club meeting, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Ages 8-19.
● Midwest Head Huggers, 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
● Microsoft Office basics, 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
Genoa Branch Library
602 West St.; 419-855-3380.
● Food for Fines, patrons can pay for overdue fines with nonperishable food items.
Harris-Elmore Public Library
328 Toledo St., Elmore; 419-862-2482.
● Food for Fines, patrons can pay for overdue fines with nonperishable food items.
Summerfield-Petersburg Branch Library
60 E. Center St., Petersburg; 734-279-1025.
● ATLAS, 3:30 p.m. today.
● Homework helpers, 3:15 p.m. Tuesday.
Swanton Public Library
305 Chestnut St,, Swanton; 419-826-2760
●Knitting course, 1:30-3 p.m. Dec. 16 and 6:30-8:15 p.m. Dec. 18. Call for information.
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
325 Michigan St., Toledo; 419-259-5381.
● Holiday concert series running Dec. 16-20, 12:30-1:30 p.m. Call for information.
Woodville Public Library
101 East Main St., Woodville; 419-849-2744.
● Cookbook club, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
● Holiday crafts for kids, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 7, 14, and 21. Call for information.
● Powerpoint courses, 1-2:30 p.m. Dec. 3-5.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.