COLUMBUS — Ohio State running back Carlos Hyde is now in the clear legally.
Whether the same is true for his status on the Buckeyes football team remains uncertain.
Hyde will not face charges in relation to an alleged recent assault after the victim told Columbus police she does not want to pursue the case, a police spokesman said today.
Sgt. Rich Weiner said the victim told police of her wishes during an interview Saturday.
An Ohio State spokesman said the school has no comment at this time. Hyde, a senior who rushed for 970 yards and 17 touchdowns last year, has been suspended indefinitely since he was named last week as a person of interest in an alleged assault at a downtown Columbus bar.