There are several events going on this weekend before Mother's Day is already here Sunday.
At the Funny Bone Comedy Club: Fat Fish Blue, 6140 Levis Commons Blvd., comedian Rob Schneider has shows at 8 and 10:30 p.m. Friday; at 7 and 10 p.m. Saturday. Mr. Schneider, an Emmy nominated actor, has starred in several Happy Madison projects, including Bedtime Stories, You Don’t Mess With The Zohan, The Benchwarmers, 50 First Dates, The Longest Yard, Eight Crazy Nights, Little Nicky, and Mr. Deeds. Also for Happy Madison, Schneider co-wrote and starred in Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo, Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo, The Hot Chick, and The Animal. Other film credits include Shark Bait, The Waterboy, and Big Daddy.
Sunday at 2 p.m. Rory Rennick will be at the Funny Bone Comedy club for his comedy and motivational magic act. His show is suitable for children the ages six and up.
■ MAKING STRIDES
At 9:30 a.m. Saturday, there will be a 5k walk at Levis Commons with donations going to the American Cancer Society. Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is in its seventh year having this event at Levis Commons. Last year about 4,000 attended. There will be several mascots there, and the Perrysburg High School Marching Band and Sheltered Reality Steel Drum Band.
The Great Gatsby opens in theaters this weekend. There are a wide variety of showtimes at the Rave Cinema in Levis Commons. It stars Leonardo DeCaprio and Tobey Maguire as the film takes place during the roaring 1920s and DeCaprio is a millionaire party-thrower Jay Gatsby. It is also the second weekend for Iron Man 3.
Starting at 9:30 p.m. Friday to 1:30 a.m. Saturday "The Late Show" band out of Tiffin will be playing at Holiday Inn's French Quarter's J. Patrick's Pub. The band can play a variety of music from the 1960s to current hits.
Perrysburg High School sports is in action this weekend.
- At 4:45 p.m. the girls varsity softball team hosts Sylvania Southview.
- At 5:30 p.m. the boys varsity baseball hosts Wauseon High School.
- At 6:30 p.m. the girls varsity lacrosse hosts Jackson High School (Massillon).
- At 9 a.m. the varsity track and field will go to Oak Harbor High School to compete.
- At 10 a.m. the girls varsity softball team is at Madison Jr./Sr. High School.
- At noon the boys varsity baseball team is at Otsego High School.
- At 12:30 p.m. the boys varsity lacrosse team hosts St. Mary Catholic Central.
- At 4 p.m. the boys varsity baseball team plays at Springfield High School.
- At 6 p.m. the boys varsity lacrosse team plays St. Mary Catholic Central.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.