Lourdes University's big golf fund-raiser brought in $33,500 last week.
The university in Sylvania has the outing each year on the first Friday in June. This time tthere were 176 participants. It was sponsored by MT Business Technologies/RICOH/
Since its inception in 2000, Hit the Links has raised over $300,000 for student scholarships at Lourdes.
The event has been held at the Bedford Hills Golf Club in Temperance for the last 10 years. The outing included 18 holes of golf played over three courses.
The top men’s team, finishing 17 under par, was Tim Horton’s (comprised of Bryan Miller, K.C. Neweham, Brian Schmits, and Carl Weaver)
The top women’s team, finishing 4 under par, included golfers Jo-Ellen Apgar, Ann Marie Blank, Gayle Lampkowski, and Ann Meier.
The top mixed team, finishing 13 under par, was Health Management Solutions (comprised of Laurie Posten, John Raitz, Scott Simon, and Dan Trombley).
Additional prizes included:
- Closest to Pin (Buckeye #4): Marilynn Johnson and Joe Miller
- Closest to Pin (Wolverine #4): Dan Trombley
- Longest Drive (Buckeye #8): Terri Never and Dave Devers
- Longest Drive (Wolverine #2): Becky Alvarado and Dan Trombley
- Longest Drive (Buckeye #9): Carol Coe and Doug Abodeely
- Longest Putt (Wolverine #9): Melinda Juergens and Kevin Donahue
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.