● Bazaar and turkey dinner at Clark Street United Methodist Church, 1133 Clark St. (off Fassett St.), 5 p.m.-7 p.m. Wednesday. Cost: $8 adults; $4 children 3-10 years; free for children under 3. Carry-out available.
● Benefit dinner for Barb Mathers, who was diagnosed with a non-curable cancer after 6 years in remission at the VFW Post 2510, 617 Second St., 1 p.m.-8 p.m. Saturday. Spaghetti dinner: $8. 50/50 raffles and prizes. Donations greatly appreciated. Details: 419-697-4503.
● Ladies’ Auxiliary craft show at VFW Post 2510, 617 Second St. at Platt St., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 16.
● Weston Price Nutritional Seminar at the Blanchard Avenue Pentecostal Church of God, 1701 Blanchard Ave., 7 p.m. today. Dr. Wayne Fiester, D.O. will lecture on diabetes, the uncommon causes, and remedies. Food prep demonstrations. Details: bapcg.com or 419-422-0037.
● Craft sale at St. Patrick Church, 14010 S. River Rd., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Church fundraiser. Hot lunches available. Raffles hourly.
● Crafts, baked goods, and ham loaf dinner at Haskins Community Church, 209 W. Main St., 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Saturday. Dinner cost: $8 adults; $4 children 4-10 years; and free for children 3 and under. Carry-out available.
● One-Stop Holiday Shopping at Stone Oak Country Club, 100 Stone Oak Blvd., 1 p.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. Various vendors. Refreshments. Raffles to benefit the Daughter Project of Toledo.
● Financial wellness breakfast briefing at First Baptist Church of Greater Toledo, 6520 Pilliod Rd., 10 a.m.-noon Nov. 16. End of session message from Rev. Daniel Bellavia. Raffles and door prizes. Reservations: 419-352-7639, 419-865-9171, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Ageless Wonders of Lake Township meeting for lunch at the Skillet, 101 S. Main St., Walbridge, 12:30 p.m. Nov. 14. Questions: 419-836-3811.
● ProMedica St. Luke’s Hospital Auxiliary’s Holiday Bazaar in hospital’s auditorium, 5901 Monclova Rd., 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday. A variety of crafts. Flu vaccine clinic will be offered in the hospital’s board room from 10 a.m.-12 p.m., for adults 18 years or older, cost $25. Vaccine is covered by Medicare Part B, bring your Medicare card and photo ID.
● Lake High School presents Dr. Evil and Basket of Kittens in the auditorium, 28080 Lemoyne Rd., 7 p.m. Thursday and Saturday. Fun, family-oriented play including Dr. Frankenstein, a famous author, a hunchback, vampires, were-hyenas, and a witch. Admission $3 for students under 18 years; $5 for adults 18 to 59 years; and $3 for seniors 60 years and older. Details: 419-661-3000 extension 3832 or lakeschools.org.
● Ellis Library and Reference Center concerts, 3700 S. Custer Rd., with Farmer Jason (very kid-friendly) performing at 1:30 p.m. and Songwriters on the River with Jason Ringenberg and special guest, John Latini at 7 p.m.-9 p.m. Saturday. Free. Details: 734-241-5277.
● Pilgrim’s Outreach Ministry homemade apple pie sale, 1375 W. Sylvania Ave. from Sunday through Nov. 21. Asking donation per pie $9. Pies will be ready for pick up on Nov. 24. To place your order call 419-478-6012.
● Area Women are invited to “Fall Fantasy Fashion Frolic” lunch and program at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman Rd., doors open 11:30 a.m., lunch buffet 12 p.m. Nov. 14. Special Feature: Betty Hill, owner of Change of Seasons with Style Show. Music/speaker: Karen Burkhart, of Columbus, “Breaking Up With Approval Seeking.” Cost: $10.50. Sponsored by the Toledo East Women’s Connection. Reservations: Dorothy, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
● Relay For Life of Ottawa County Kick-off Celebration at Our Guest Inn, 220 E. Perry St., 6 p.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 12. Set up a team and make a difference in the battle against cancer. The Ottawa County Relay coordinator Brian Gibson, along with committee members and team captains will be on hand to provide an overview, answer questions, and register your team. Raffles, must be present to win. Games and refreshments. Details: Call Brian, 1-888-227-6446, extension 5205.
● Rossford United Methodist Church Christmas craft bazaar, 270 Dixie Hwy., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Crafts, face painting, bake sale, and more. Homemade lunch available for purchase 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
● Beverly Block Watch meeting at Zion United Methodist Church, 2600 Copland Blvd., 7-8 p.m. today. “Rails to Trails” by Mr. Scott Carpenter, Toledo Metroparks Director of Public Relations.
● Bazaar and pork and sauerkraut supper at St. Lucas Lutheran Church, carry-out 5:30 p.m., serving dinner 6 p.m.-7 p.m. and other events from 6-9 Friday. Music entertainment. Cost: $8 adults; $4 children 12 and under. Reservations: 419-243-8189.
● Homespun Holiday art and craft show with the Toledo Craftsman’s Guild at the Stranahan Great Hall, 4645 Heatherdowns Blvd., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Handcrafted items: seasonal decorations, solid wood items, metal work, fabric items, soaps, pottery, jewelry, and more. Also hosting a food drive and taking collections of food, household items, and pet food to benefit the Toledo SeaGate Food Bank and Planned Pethood. Free.
● Toledo Unleashed hosting a wine-tasting event at Caper’s Restaurant and Bar, 2038 S. Byrne Rd., 6 p.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 12. Tickets: $35 in advance at toledounleashed.org/wine or $40 at the door. Proceeds to Toledo Unleashed, a nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing off-leash do parks to the Toledo Area.
● Libbey Legacy Live Committee all-class reunion dinner/dance at the University of Toledo Medical Center/The Hotel formally known as the Hilton Hotel, 3100 Glendale Ave., Nov. 30. Live entertainment during meet and greet. Money raised will benefit fellow classmates who have fallen on hard times. Contact: Francine Coogler Boyd, 419-250-0491 or Keith B. McCoy, Sr., 419-917-1310.
● UTMC Community Cares Free Medical Clinic at the CedarCreek’s South Campus, 2150 S. Byrne Rd., 6-8 p.m. Thursdays. Available for general medical care. Women’s health available by appointment only. tetanus and flu shots, dental assessments/referrals, and confidential HIV testing. No immunizations. Details: utcommunitycare.org/patients, 419-482-8127, or email@example.com.
● Sylvania Women’s Connection West luncheon at Highland Meadows Golf Club, 7455 Erie St., 11:15 a.m.-1:15 p.m. Friday. $12. Reservations: 419-525-5853.
● Christmas bazaar and bake sale at the Regina Conference Center, 6832 Convent Blvd., 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 15 and 9:30 a.m.-noon Nov. 16.
● Craft show at Athens Missionary Baptist Church, 101 Breckman St., 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Details: Carol, 419-666-3028 or Cindy, 419-320-0175.
● Euchre tournament at the PRCUA Toledo Club, 5255 N. Detroit Ave., 7 p.m. Friday. $5 entry. Details: 419-476-9711.
● Dr. Jim Bumke of the Lutheran Home Society will speak at the American Legion Post 335 in the Toledo Club, 235 14 St., 11:30 a.m. Friday. Details: 419-868-3039 or 419-382-4401.
● Animal Masquerade party held at Wildwood Metropark Ward Pavilion, 5100 W. Central Ave., 6 p.m. Thursday. $30 or $100 for four tickets. Tickets: 419-877-0060 or natures-nursery.org.
● Holiday arts and crafts show at Fairgreen Presbyterian Church, 3220 W. Laskey Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday.
● Rummage sale at Tremainsville Hall, 2439 Tremainsville Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday-Thursday.
● Holiday shopping open house at St. Catherine of Siena Center Gym, 4555 N. Haven Ave., 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday.
● Cancer awareness luncheon presented by the Calvary Baptist Church Women’s Ministry at 702 Collingwood Blvd., 10 a.m. Nov. 16.
● Toy and benefit auction at the Conn-Weissenberger Post 0587, 2020 Alexis Rd., 1 p.m. Sunday. Information: 419-471-0587.
● Craft and gift show at the Woodley Professional Center, 3829 Woodley Rd., 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday.
● Anthony Wayne Bands’ fund-raiser sale through Wednesday. Delicious fruit, PeeJay’s fresh Florida Citrus, Club’s Choice Frozen Foods, and Spirit of the Season Gift Items, and poinsettias. Visit freshfruitorder.org/AWBBfruitsale or contact Penney Raabe, 419-878-5039 or Kerri Murphy, 419-878-3197.
● Election night supper, bazaar, and bake sale at Woodville United Methodist Church, 201 First St., sale 9 a.m.-7 p.m., dinner 5 p.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday. Swiss steak or baked chicken dinners. Homemade pies, baked goods, and gift items.
● Community breakfast all-you-can-eat buffet at First Christian Church of Sylvania, 5271 W. Alexis Rd., Sylvania, 8:30-10 a.m. Saturday. Cost: $7 adults; $4 children 10 and under. 419-882-3313
● Just Pancakes at Salem Lutheran Church, 1125 N. Huron St., 8-10 a.m. Saturdays. Free. 419-693-9082.
● All-you-can-eat breakfast at Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Rt. 109, Delta, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sundays. Cost: $6.50 for adults; $4 for children ages 4-12, and free for children under 3. 419-822-4526 or fbcogt.com.
● Pancake and sausage breakfast sponsored by the Woodville Township Fire Department at the township Fire Station, 321 E. Main St., Woodville, 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday. All-you-can-eat pancakes. Includes: scrambled eggs, chunky applesauce, homemade pork sausage, coffee, and milk. Cost: $6.50 adults; $6 seniors; and $5.50 children under 12. Free blood pressure checks will be given by the E.M.S. Life Squad 91.
● Cuisine 1300 Restaurant at the Monroe County Community College in the Audrey M. Warrick Administration Building, 1555 S. Raisinville Rd., Monroe, 11:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, through Dec. 11. Fine dining experience provided by students and chefs Kevin Thomas and Vicki LaValle. By reservations only by calling 734-384-4231 between 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday. Cash and personal checks only.
● Eagle Cafe offers lunch and dinner, Maumee Eagles, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, lunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, $4.95; dinner 5-8 p.m., Monday-Thursday, $4.95. Carry-out available. For menu: 419-893-3952 or maumeeeagles.com.
● VFW Post 3338, 2231 South Ave., 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday. All-you-can-eat fish, cost $7.50. 419-381-0153
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 5 p.m.-7:45 p.m. Friday. Chicken, steaks, and shrimp also available for purchase. 419-666-7762.
● Conn-Weissenberger Post 587, 2020 W. Alexis Rd., 5-7 p.m. Fridays. Fish dinner (all-you-can-eat), $8; 3-piece chicken or shrimp dinner $7.50, combo (fish and shrimp) dinner $9. Dinners include fries, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, and applesauce. 419-471-0587
● Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). Also available: perch, steaks, chicken strips at various prices. 419-893-3821.
● Polish cabbage roll dinner at Resurrection Polish National Catholic Church, 1835 W. Temperance Rd., Temperance, 5-7 p.m. Thursday. Menu: kielbasa, mashed potatoes andgravy, pierogi, sweet and sour cabbage, vegetable, coffee cake, dessert, and beverage. Duck soup and coffee cakes available for purchase. For delivery in Bedford Township area and south to Alexis Road, call 419-509-1115 (before Thursday). Details: 734-847-5052.
● Famous meatloaf dinner at Faith United Methodist Church, 3415 Starr Ave., Oregon, 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Saturday. Menu: meatloaf, mixed veggies, mashed potatoes/ and gravy, salad, rolls, and dessert. Cost: $8 adults; $4 children 8 and under. Reservations at 419-691-5137 or purchase at the door.
● Rotary Club of Waterville Veteran’s Day pancake and sausage supper at the Waterville Primary School, 473 Sycamore Lane, Waterville, 5 p.m.-7 p.m. Nov. 11. Cost: $6 adults; $4 children under 10. Veterans eat free Tickets available at the door. Proceeds to Anthony Wayne and Otsego scholarship program and other projects.
● Friday dinners at VFW Post 2510, 617 Second St. at Platt St., 4-7 p.m. Cost between $7 and $8. Details: 419-697-4503.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Archbold Nutrition Site
Ruihley Park, Scout Cabin., Archbold; 419-445-3590.
Music with Michael Buck, 11 a.m. Nov. 13.
Thanksgiving and fall discussion, 11 a.m. Nov. 18.
Music with Jane Stiriz, 11 a.m. Nov. 20.
Archbold Fire Department, 11 a.m. Nov. 25.
Fulton County Senior Center
240 Clinton St., Wauseon; 419-337-9299.
Athletic director’s council, 11 a.m. Friday.
Weeping Willow florists, 11 a.m. Nov. 12.
Pete Villalovos, 11 a.m. Nov. 13.
Stephanie Cornell, 10:30 a.m. Nov. 14.
Medicare discussion, 11 a.m. Nov. 19.
Bulk Foods discussion, 11 a.m. Nov. 22.
Erica Bidwell and Social Services meeting on elder abuse, 9 a.m. Nov. 26.
At the Library
Bedford Branch Library
8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance; 734-847-6747.
● Home educators book club, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. Registration required.
● Flower and garden club, 6-8 p.m. Wednesday.
● Everything ereaders, 7 p.m. Wednesday. Registration requested.
● A.M. book club, 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
● Romantic book club, 7-9 p.m. Thursday. Registration required.
Rossford Public Library
720 Dixie Hwy.; 419-666-0924.
Downton Abbey discussion, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Casino games workshops Nov. 25. Free. Call for registration and information.
Oregon Branch Library
3340 Dustin Rd.; 419-259-5250.
Mouse maneuvers, 2-3 p.m. Nov. 14. Registration required.
Basic Internet, 2-3 p.m. Nov. 21. Registration required.
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
325 Michigan St., Toledo; 419-259-5381.
Free eMedia classes held throughout November. Call for times.
National Gaming Day celebration, 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 16.
Ask a patent attorney series, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday. Free.
Waterville Branch Library
800 Michigan Ave., Waterville; 419-878-3055.
Teen writing club, 4-5 p.m. Thursday.
LEGO contest, 2-3 p.m. Saturday.
Stepping Out -The Next Step for You a group for bereaved adults to get together outside of a support group to assist them in moving on in a positive way offered by Hospice of Northwest Ohio. Various days of the week, times of day, and geographic locations around the area. To register or for inquiries call 419-931-5196 and leave your name and phone number. Group coordinators will call you back to discuss your interests.
Good Grief: The First Step support group at First Presbyterian Church in the Fellowship Hall, 611 Farnsworth Rd., Waterville, 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Nov. 14. Class provides participants a basic understanding of the experience of grief and loss. A light dinner provided ($3 donation). Advance registration required. To register or for details call Pastor Karen VanderPloey, 419-878-2806.
Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous group meetings at Epworth United Methodist Church’s Room 206, 4855 W. Central Ave., 7 p.m. Mondays. Are you having trouble controlling the way you eat? Are you severely overweight? Underweight? Bulimic or obsessed with food or weight? Come and join our support group. Contact Joyce, 419-699-1007 or visit foodaddicts.org.
Supportive Spouses grief group, a five-session bereavement group for men and women adjusting to life without their mates at Hospice of Northwest Ohio’s Perrysburg Center, 30000 E. River Rd., Perrysburg, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Mondays, through Nov. 18. Free and open to anyone who has lost a mate. Advance registration required: Hospice of Northwest Ohio Bereavement Department, 419-661-4001.
Good Grief of Northwest Ohio, Inc. peer support groups for children, teens, and young adults who have experienced the death of someone significant in their lives at Church of the Cross United Methodist, 1806 Cass Rd., Toledo, every first and third Tuesday of the month. Advanced registration and orientation is required. If interested in becoming a volunteer or in attending session call 419-360-4939. Details: goodgriefnwo.org.
GriefShare Program at First Presbyterian Church of Maumee, 200 E. Broadway St., Maumee, 13-week session at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Nov. 26. Group is for community members who have experienced the death of a family member or friend. For information and registration call 419-893-0223.
DivorceCare Support Group at St. Ignatius Catholic Church Family Life Center, 212 N. Stadium Rd., Oregon, 7 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays through Dec. 2. Information call parish office 419-693-1150 or Marilyn, 419-698-4745.
Families Behind Bars support group for families with a loved one in prison at Waterville Library Meeting Room, 800 Michigan Ave., Waterville, 7 p.m. Mondays, today, and Dec. 2. We assist you in finding information on visitations, policies, and other needed information. Call Carol, 419-350-6619 or Joyce, 419-878-5796.