Summaries of recently reviewed area restaurants, in the order in which they were reviewed, with the most recent at the top. To see previous Bill of Fare reviews on the Web, go to toledoblade.com and type "Bill of Fare" into the search box and click enter.
● West Side Bistro, 3324 Secor Rd., Suite 10, offers good food and music in an atmosphere that's both upscale and laid back. The menu boasts a number of salads, flatbread pizzas, chicken and fish entrees, steak, jambalaya, lobster roll, and many other items. We enjoyed the southwestern chicken pasta ($17), a colorful blend of peppers and onions, with roasted chicken and fettuccine, tossed in a zesty cream sauce. It's only been open a few months, but from the looks of things, this place has staying power. $$-$$$ 3 stars.
● Spicy Tuna Bar & Grill, 7130 Airport Highway, Holland, is an Asian-fusion restaurant offering scores of menu options. Sushi is clearly the focus, featuring all the standards and plenty of unique twists. The Mexican, featuring spicy crab, avocado, jalapenos, and cream cheese, is definitely worth a look. Several Chinese dinners and a wide-ranging drink menu are also featured. $$$ 3 stars.
● Domo Sushi, 6725 W. Central Ave., is one of the better sushi houses in Toledo. It offers an elegant dining atmosphere, while keeping prices wallet-friendly. The traditional sushi favorites are all here, but the chef offers some twists with Sashimi Ceviche, Spicy Tuna Cocktail, and list of cleverly named specialty rolls — Hot Love is a whole lot of somethin' somethin'. For fresh sashimi trust the chef's choice. Great for a date or business meal. $$-$$$ 3 stars.
● City Hall Grille & Drinks, 315 S Reynolds Rd., has a large selection of sandwiches, that includes stacks from the deli, thick cheeseburgers, and specialty sandwiches. The reuben is a favorite and the gyro takes up half the plate. The South Toledo diner is akin to the popular television show Cheers, in which the bar is lined with customers who keep coming back, and a wait staff who knows your name. $$ 3 stars.
● ZaZa Wood-Fired Pizza and Mediterranean Cuisine, 3550 Executive Pkwy., has 23 varieties of tasty thin-crust pizza as well as lasagna, falafel, chicken Shawarma, gyro, and grape leaves, among other dishes. $$ 3 stars.