Loading…
Monday, December 29, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Tuesday, 9/13/2005

BLAZE DAMAGES SOUTH TOLEDO HOME

Firefighters extinguish what is believed to be an accidental blaze at 4342 Inverdale Ave. that caused $200,000 damage yesterday to a one-story brick house owned by Jan and Margie Scotland in South Toledo. Fire crews found most of the right side of the house engulfed in flames when they arrived about 12:40 p.m. Battalion Fire Chief Eric Renzhofer said the blaze began in the attached garage and spread to

the house. A repairman working on a computer was inside when he heard a sound. He checked on the noise, saw smoke, and fled. Outside, he noticed the garage was on fire and called 911, the chief said. Firefi ghters rescued a dog tied up near the house, but it got slightly singed, the chief said.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.