DELTA, Ohio A fire that destroyed a double-wide modular home in Swancreek Township appeared to start in the wiring near the utility room, Delta Community Fire Department Chief Chuck Hudson said yesterday.
He estimated the loss at $125,000, an increase from his earlier estimates for the one-story home, which was manufactured in the early 1990s.
Donna Minnich, who owned the home at 5322 Fulton County Road C, south of Delta, and two family members who lived with her, are staying with relatives nearby, the chief said.
Firefighters, who were called about 6:35 p.m. Sunday, saw flames through the roof when they arrived. They called for assistance from Liberty Center and about 18 firefighters spent about three hours on the scene where the chief said one of the biggest challenges was the ice created by the water they were using to fight the fire.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.