VAN WERT, Ohio - Fire yesterday destroyed a two-story building in downtown Van Wert that housed A's Insurance and Gold T Computer Golf, with the loss estimated at $200,000, authorities said.
The blaze was reported just after 12:30 a.m. at the building at 115 South Market St., and was under control about an hour later, Van Wert fire Lt. Roger Wurst said.
The cause was believed to be an electrical short circuit. No other downtown structures were damaged; no injuries were reported.
The Convoy, Ohio, Fire Department provided mutual aid at the scene, while personnel from the Middle Point, Ohio, Fire Department manned the Van Wert fire station while firefighters battled the blaze.
Van Wert is 95 miles southwest of Toledo.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.