Loading…
Friday, September 19, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Saturday, 9/13/2008

One hurt in Springfield Township fire

BLADE STAFF

One person suffered smoke inhalation in a kitchen fire that caused about $50,000 damage to an Oakwood Gardens Apartments unit in Springfield Township early Saturday, authorities said.

The person, whose name was not released, was evacuated from the apartment and treated at an area hospital, Springfield Township Fire Chief Barry Cousino said.

The fire at 6968 Oakfield Dr. began about 2:35 a.m. when food on the kitchen stove in the apartment caught fire, Chief Cousino said.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze in about 10 minutes before it could spread beyond the kitchen, the fire chief said.

Smoke spread throughout the apartment, causing the bulk of the damage, the chief said.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.