A man who died after being pulled from a West Toledo home Monday was identified Tuesday as Dale Rizor, the property owner.
Cynthia Beisser, Lucas County deputy coroner, said Mr. Rizor appears to have died of smoke inhalation, although an official ruling is awaiting the results of toxicology tests.
Police said the fire might have been set as a suicide attempt, but Dr. Beisser said she could not yet make that determination.
Mr. Rizor, 55, was found inside the house at 1812 Welker Ave., where firefighters were battling blazes at the detached garage and house.
- John M. Wehmeyer; 1928-2014: Area commercial photographer drove Morgan horses in shows
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies
- Leigh W. Kendrick; 1926-2014: WWII Army vet became YMCA leader in region
- Hancock Co. judge gave 2nd chances
- Teacher offered reading skills to challenged kids