Loading…
Saturday, July 12, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Tuesday, 3/26/2013

Electrical cause ruled in weekend apartment fire

BLADE STAFF

Authorities on Monday said a weekend fire at a three-story apartment building near Toledo’s Old West End was accidental.

Toledo fire Lt. Matthew Hertzfeld said the cause was electrical in nature, and damage was estimated at $30,000.

Fire crews were called at 2:57 p.m. Sunday to 418 W. Bancroft St., where fire destroyed the top two apartments.

Lieutenant Hertzfeld said smoke detectors on the second floor were operating but the one in the the apartment where the fire started did not work because it did not have a battery.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Related stories