A woman who was hospitalized two weeks ago after a kitchen fire in her South Toledo apartment has died.
On April 17, Karalyn Mullings, 29, was found in a back bedroom of her apartment in the 1100 block of Pinebrook Parkway. The blaze, which was reported at 4:20 a.m., was started accidentally on the kitchen stove, fire officials said at the time.
She suffered brain injury as a result of smoke inhalation, said Dr. Diane Barnett, a Lucas County deputy coroner.
Ms. Mullings was pronounced dead Monday night at Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center.