Gasoline can found in dining room of house.
Fire of suspicious origin heavily damaged a home in the 1100 block of Oakwood Avenue early today.
Battalion Fire Chief Rick Syroka said fire crews were dispatched to 1121 Oakwood Ave. at 4:53 a.m. The chief said firefighters doing a sweep determined the house was occupied, but no one was at home. A gasoline can was found in the dining room, prompting the chief to call for an arson investigator to review circumstances leading up to the fire call.
Although the fire was brought under control by 5:03 a.m., a fire crew was still on the scene at 8 a.m. cleaning up debris from the blaze.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.