Toledo firefighters fought a machine fire and gas leak late Monday at the Libbey factory,1201 Buckeye St.
No injuries were reported, but employees in the building were evacuated.
According to Toledo fire dispatchers, a malfunctioning machine caused the fire. Firefighters responded to the scene at about 10 p.m., but initially had difficulty finding a fire hydrant so that they could extinguish the fire.
According to fire officials, Libby officials were advising firefighters to pour water on glowing glass embers that were so hot they kept igniting fires. Officials expected that it would take about one hour of dousing to cool the glass so that it no longer posed a fire risk.