Loading…
Saturday, December 27, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Wednesday, 1/1/2014 - Updated: 11 months ago

Cause of Tiffin apartment fire unkown

BLADE STAFF

TIFFIN -- An apartment fire that caused the displacement of residents started in the bathroom ceiling of a third-floor unit.

Tiffin Fire Chief William Ennis said the Wednesday fire at the apartment building on Washington Street started around a bathroom fan and light fixture. He said officials have not been able to determine the exact cause of the fire.

The incident damaged several units and caused the relocation of 26 residents.

No one was injured, and the chief did not have an cost estimate for damage.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Related stories