Monday, February 08, 2016
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Monday, 1/13/2014


Dog, 3 puppies rescued from East Toledo fire


Toledo fire crews Monday investigated three house fires over the weekend.

Fire Lt. Matthew Hertzfeld said a space heater at 1225 Oak St. in East Toledo started a fire in the dining room at about 4:45 p.m. Sunday and caused $23,000 in damage. One dog and three puppies were rescued, the lieutenant said. The home did not have smoke alarms.

Two fires were reported Saturday. The first, at 1817 Sandringham Dr. at 12:36 p.m., was caused by electrical issues and started in the bathroom, causing $35,000 damage. No smoke alarms were in the house.

A fire at 727 Elizabeth St., a vacant house, was reported at 2:14 p.m. and caused $16,000 damage.

No injuries were reported.

Recommended for You

Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Related stories