Rossford man escapes house fire with his dog; blaze causes $90,000 damge


A Rossford man escaped his burning house with his dog today after what started out as a kitchen fire fully engulfed his home.

Leonard Andrzejak and his beloved dog, a German Shepherd mix, are fine but his house at 107 Riverview Place incurred $90,000 damage, Rossford Fire Chief James Verbosky said.

The fire department made "an aggressive attack" on the fire, but still needed about 30 minutes to put out the blaze, the chief said.

Mr. Andrzejak and his dog, whose name was not available, are staying with a relative, Chief Verbosky said.