Gasoline leak detected in McCutchenville


McCUTCHENVILLE, Ohio -- McCutchenville firefighters went door-to-door late today with monitoring devices after gasoline leaked into the storm water system and vapors were detected in residences, authorities said.

Those who smell fuel or experience headaches or other medical symptoms should leave their home or business and call 911, because gasoline vapors pose an explosion and health hazard, authorities said. The source of the fuel leak was not immediately reported.

The American Red Cross set up a shelter in Trinity United Church of Christ on State Rt. 53. 

Also assisting were fire and emergency crews from Sycamore, Tiffin, and Fostoria, plus emergency management officials from Seneca and Wyandot counties and the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.