Loading…
Sunday, December 21, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Friday, 8/22/2014 - Updated: 4 months ago

Electrical fire damages central Toledo duplex

BLADE STAFF

Fire that began in an electrical wall outlet caused serious damage to an occupied duplex early today in central Toledo.

Toledo firefighters responded about 5:20 a.m.to the fire at 746 and 744 Indiana Ave.

Battalion 2 Chief Timothy Clapp said the blaze started in a wall socket in a first-floor bedroom. He said the occupant noticed the smoke and tried to extinguish the fire and could not, and then alerted other occupants to evacuate.

Living in the house were four adults upstairs and two downstairs. Chief Clapp said the American Red Cross was notified to help occupants find temporary lodging.

The chief said the fire traveled up a wall to the attic and burned at least two rooms downstairs and one upstairs. He pegged damage at about $10,000.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Related stories


Points of Interest