The Wyandot Mission Church in Upper Sandusky, built in 1824 as the church of the first officially recognized mission of the Methodist Episcopal Church in America, serving the Wyandot American Indians, is now a heritage landmark that holds worship services only in June, July, and August.
Services are held at 8 a.m. Sundays, with the first worship of this year tomorrow with the Rev. Joseph Trester, senior pastor of Lutherans in Faith for Everyone in Upper Sandusky, preaching. Each Sunday will feature a different preacher; most are faith leaders in different area churches, but Wyandot people will speak on June 30 (Lee Ann (Savannah) Eicher) and July 7 (State Rep. Eagle Bear Burling).
The John Stewart United Methodist Church in Upper Sandusky is the custodian of the Wyandot Mission Church. The mission church is also open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays through Sundays, with tours available by calling Jean Moon at 419-294-2510, the John Stewart church at 419-294-2867, or emailing email@example.com.
The Wyandot Mission Church is on East Church Street, one block east of State Route 53, in Upper Sandusky.