Summaries of recently reviewed area restaurants, in the order in which they were reviewed, with the most recent at the top. To see previous Bill of Fare reviews on the Web, go to toledoblade.com and type "Bill of Fare" into the search box and click enter.
● City Hall Grille & Drinks, 315 S. Reynolds Rd., has a large selection of sandwiches that includes stacks from the deli, thick cheeseburgers, and specialty sandwiches. The reuben is a favorite and the gyro takes up half the plate. The South Toledo diner is akin to the popular television show Cheers, in which the bar is lined with customers who keep coming back, and a wait staff who knows your name. $$ 3 stars.
● ZaZa Wood-Fired Pizza and Mediterranean Cuisine, 3550 Executive Pkwy., has 23 varieties of tasty thin-crust pizza as well as lasagna, falafel, chicken Shawarma, gyro, and grape leaves, among other dishes. $$ 3 stars.
● The Stones Throw, 176 E. Wooster St. in Bowling Green, is an attractive spot to try interesting brews and enjoy a bite. Meat is served in mighty portions and the big sandwiches are great as are the homemade chips. It’s subdued during dining hours, but unless you want a rip-snortin’ good time, skedaddle before the student crowd infiltrates. There’s a large patio. Open daily for dinner; lunch is limited to Fri.-Sun. $$ 3 stars.
● Mama's Kitchen, 3243 W. Sylvania Ave., is a cozy spot in West Toledo that serves up some serious home-style cooking. The country omelet is a favorite of ours, and there are plenty of other breakfast and lunch items that will garner your attention on the large menu. $ 3 stars.
● Nautica Coffee, 5645 Mayberry Sq. E., Sylvania, is a fair-sized clubhouse where you can hunker down with a favorite book, a warm cup of coffee, some ice cream, or a bagel sandwich, and stay out of the snow. $ 3 stars.
● Black Pearl, 4360 Heatherdowns Blvd., offers quality meals at wallet-friendly prices. The menu boasts a number of steak and seafood options, along with pasta and chicken dishes and a lunch menu. Some of the dishes lacked flavor and needed to be spiced up with seasonings and sauces. $$-$$$ 3 stars.
● Mama Mary’s Pizza, 7130 Airport, Hwy., Holland, is a great alternative to chain pizzerias. It has a huge menu with many specialty pizzas, subs, salads, and wings. There a few small tables at the store, but takeout or delivery is recommended. $-$$. 3 stars.
● Little Acapulco Taqueria, 3333 Airport Hwy., has a wide range of Mexican favorites, including breakfast, as well as the capacity to tailor seasonings and ingredients to your taste. Dinner portions, with rice and beans, are large. It’s primarily takeout, but there are a few tables and a counter for eating in. $ 3 stars.