● Good Shepherd Rosary Altar Society spring rummage sale in the gym at Nevada and Utah streets, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, and 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday ($2 per bag day). Details: 419-693-2307.
● VFW Post 2510 holds a musician night/jam session, 617 Second St., 7 p.m.-11 p.m. on Wednesdays. Area musicians welcome to participate. Open to the public. Dancing with performances by guest bands who volunteer to come and perform from 7:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. on Thursdays. There is a $5 cover charge at the door. Refreshments available for purchase. Details: 419-697-4503.
● Girls slow-pitch softball for ages 12 and under, 14 and under, and 17 and under with games at the East Toledo Family Center, 1020 Varland Ave., Monday through Thursday beginning June 17. Cost: $150 per team;includes umpires and ball. Registration: Roger, 419-691-1429.
● YES FM’s golf outing at Forrest Creason Golf Course, 1616 E. Poe Rd., shotgun start 8 a.m., scrambles format June 21 (rain date July 19). Cost: $75 per person includes 18 holes, cart, lunch, and door and hole prizes. First hole-in-one on the designated hole wins $10,000. Mulligans are $5 each or five for $20. Details: yeshome.com or 419-389-0893.
● Father’s Day Cruise: dads ride free at Providence Metropark, Kimble’s Landing, 13827 U.S. 24 West, noon-4 p.m. Sunday. “The Volunteer,” a replica 1870s canal boat, departs 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m., and 3:30 p.m. and tours last one hour. Tickets: $6 by calling 419-407-9741.
● Holland-Springfield-Spencer Historical Society Museum, 7145 Front St., will be open during the Strawberry Festival on Sunday. Guests will be able to view artifacts and photos that have been collected. Also, the historical society is collecting information on all veterans and people who served our country for the Veterans Project.
● Northwest Ohio Writers Forum welcomes writers and prospective writers at the Holland Branch Library, 1032 S. McCord Rd., 10 a.m.-noon Sunday. Details: nwowf.org.
● Ageless Wonders of Lake Township meeting for dinner at Oregon Inn, 6067 Bay Shore Rd., Oregon, 5 p.m. Thursday. Questions: 419-836-3811.
● Side Cut Metropark’s Programs: Side Cut Explorer at Riverview Area, 1025 W. River Rd., 10-11 a.m. today. Travel along the banks of the Maumee River and down the canal towpath on an open-air trolley (wheelchair accessible). Cost $3. Calling all Webelos: Naturalist at the Riverview Shelter, 4:30-5:45 p.m. Thursday, dress for outdoor weather, drop off program, cost $3. Reservations needed, 419-407-9701.
● Low-impact exercise classes for adults and seniors citizens at First Presbyterian Church of Maumee, 200 E. Broadway St., 11 a.m.-noon Tuesdays. Registration/details: 419-893-0223 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Drop-ins welcome.
● Maumee Valley Save-A-Pet gigantic rummage sale at the Junior Fair Building, Lucas County Recreation Center, 1406 Key St., 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Details: 419-537-9663.
● Twylite Thursday at the Pinnacle, 1772 Indian Wood Circle, 5-8 p.m. June 20. Tickets: $10 each and include a chef’s bar. Cash bar. Entertainment by the Toledo School for the Arts Student and Glassmen Drum and Bugle Corp Alumni. Benefits Scrap 4 Art, Glassmen Drum and Bugle, Toledo School for the Arts, Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity.
● Maumee Valley Country Day School American Girl adventures, 1715 S. Reynolds Rd., June 24 through 28. Details: 419-381-1313, Ext. 175.
● Area Women are invited to “What’s Cookin’?” luncheon and program at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman Rd., doors open 11:30 a.m., lunch buffet, noon. Thursday. Featuring Dan Neman, food editor of The Blade. Music: Traci Newsome, of Clyde. Speaker: Letitia Hicks “Rule #1 Plan Well, Rule #2 Have Back Up Plan, Rule #3 Be Flexible.” Cost: $10.50. Sponsored by the Toledo East Women’s Connection. Reservations: Dorothy, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
● “Key to Safe Teen Driving” program at Owens Community College’s Center for Emergency Preparedness, 30335 Oregon Rd., 9 a.m.-6 p.m. June 18. Area teenagers ages 15-20, with a valid driver’s license or driving permit and show proof of insurance are invited to attend a free Honda Teen Defensive Driving program. Must have use of a vehicle for this event. Details: 877-793-8667 or keytosafeteendriving.com.
● Greater Toledo Republican Club Membership Appreciation Dinner at the French Quarter Holiday Inn, 10630 Fremont Pike, social hour 6 p.m., dinner 6:45 p.m., speaker 7:30 p.m. June 20. Keynote speaker: Dave Yost, Ohio auditor, “Are taxpayers getting their money’s worth with Toledo Public Schools?” Cost: $35 individual; $65 couple; $250 table for 8. Reservations by Thursday: Les Rupert, 734-856-2296.
● The 577 Foundation offers programs for adults and children, 577 E. Front St.; for June Programs and reservations: 419-874-4174 or 577foundation.org.
● ProMedica offering free mammogram screenings to uninsured and under-insured patients at ProMedica Bay Park Hospital’s Women’s Services, 1854 Perry St., Suite 400, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Wednesday. Funded through a grant from Northwest Ohio Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Appointments: 419-734-8080.
● Lillian Swartz Stepping Out to Cure Scleroderma Run/Walk at the University of Toledo’s Medical Center, 3000 Arlington Ave., registration 8 a.m., run/walk 9 a.m. June 22. Food, fun, 50/50 raffle, music, Chinese auction, and a great cause. Contact: Robin Landrus, 419-359-0095, email@example.com, or scleroderma.org/steppingouttoledo.
● Easter Seals Annual Walk with Me fund-raiser at the Toledo Zoo, 2 Hippo Way, registration 9 a.m., walk 10 a.m. June 22. Two-mile fitness walk, scavenger hunt, children’s activities. Post-event party at Walbridge Park. Details/registration: walkwithme.org or 1-888-710-3020.
● Latins United golf outing at Maple Grove Golf Course, 6360 Secor Rd., Lambertville, registration 7 a.m., shotgun tee off at 8 a.m. June 22. Four-man/woman scramble. Dinner and awards follow the completion of golf at the Organization of Latins United, 706 S. Saint Clair St. 50/50 raffle and silent auction. Cost: $50 per person includes 18 holes, cart, and steak dinner. Register by calling Yolanda Sholl at 419-382-9779. Deadline for payment is Thursday.
● Aurora Gonzalez Memorial golf outing at the South Toledo Golf Club, 3915 Heatherdowns Blvd., registration 7:30 a.m., shotgun start 8 a.m., lunch/awards at noon June 22. Early-bird fee by Friday, $70 per person; late entries $80. Reservations: Rob Sauer, 419-244-0666 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds to benefit the Providence Center for Social and Economic Empowerment in Toledo.
● UTMC Community Cares Free Medical Clinic at CedarCreek’s South Campus, 2150 S. Byrne Rd., 6-8 p.m. Thursdays. Available for general medical care. Women’s health available by appointment only. Details: utcommunitycare.org/patients, 419-482-8127, or email@example.com.
● City of Waterville’s community garage sale, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
● Waterville Area Chamber of Commerce’s Golf Outing sponsored by Yark Chevrolet at Riverby Hills Golf Club, 16571 W. River Rd., Bowling Green, registration 7:30 a.m., shotgun start 8 a.m. June 21. Cost: $80 per person and includes, golf, lunch, and cart; $320 for group of four. Space is limited. Details: 419-878-5188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Clothing Closet at Hope United Methodist Church, 10610 Waterville St., will be closed Saturday and June 29 through July 6.