● Toledo Community Recreation Program late night basketball for anyone 16 years and older at East Toledo Family Center, 1020 Varland Ave., 9:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m., Mondays and Wednesdays starting Monday. Curfews will be followed. Days and times subject to change. IDs required. Details: Jim, 419-356-1077.
● Alzheimer’s Association hosts “Listen to What I Am Doing: Understanding Behavior as Communication” at Sterling House of Bowling Green, 121 Wintergarden Rd., Bowling Green, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. June 26. Fee: $25. Three CEU hours are available. Registration required; call 419-537-1999 or 800-272-3900.
● Elmore’s Red, White, and Boom fireworks show and activities at Well Park, State Street, June 29. Chicken barbecue at Woodmore High School, 633 Fremont St., 5 p.m, cost $8, drive-through available. Entertainment will begin at 8 p.m. featuring the Elmore Fudd Band (bring lawn chairs and blankets). Fireworks will begin at dusk. Sponsored by the Elmore Area Chamber of Commerce.
● What’s Cooking on the Canal? program at Providence Metropark’s Isaac Ludwig Mill, 13827 U.S. 24 West, 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday. Travel back in time to see what the canal boat cook is stirring up. Visitors help prepare the menu of authentic food over an open fire and in a wood stove. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Cost: $5. Reservations needed. 419-407-9701.
● Susan G. Komen Bikers For the Cure Poker Run presented by the Northwest Ohio Law Dogs LE/MC at Bunker's Bar and Grill, 1950 Eber Rd., registration 9 a.m. first bike out at 11 a.m./last bike in at 4 p.m. June 29. Rain or shine. $500 winning hand; $50 worst hand. Nonriders welcome too.Cost: $35 single rider or $25 nonrider and passenger. Includes 80-mile poker run, BFTC Patch, coffee, doughnuts before ride, all American fare and after event party at the bar. Raffle, silent auction, music, and fun for all. Children's meal: $10.
● Side Cut Metropark’s Programs: Side Cut Explorer at Riverview Area, 1025 W. River Rd., 10-11 a.m. today. Travel along the banks of the Maumee River and down the canal towpath on an open-air trolley, wheelchair accessible, cost $3. Side Cut Explorer, Twilight Adventure, 8-9 p.m. June 25, cost $5. Reservations needed, 419-407-9701.
● Twylite Thursday at the Pinnacle, 1772 Indian Wood Circle, 5-8 p.m. Thursday. Tickets: $10 each and include a chef’s bar. Cash bar. Entertainment by the Toledo School for the Arts Student and Glassmen Drum and Bugle Corp Alumni. Benefits Scrap 4 Art, Glassmen Drum and Bugle, Toledo School for the Arts, Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity.
● Maumee Rec 5K Race/Walk hosted by the Maumee Senior Center at the Maumee High School, 1147 Saco St., July 6. Race begins and ends at the high school. Registration: $15 on day of event or $10 if registration is postmarked by June 29. Register at imathlete.com. To volunteer, call 419-893-1994 by July 1.
● Members of P.E.R.I., Chapter 93 meeting at the Oregon Fire Station 2, 1102 S. Wheeling St., 1 p.m. June 27.
● Toledo Lighthouse meets at Maumee Bay State Park Lodge, 1750 State Park Rd. #2, 7 p.m. June 27. Details: Jean, 419-874-6704 or toledolighthouse.org.
● Toledo Community Recreation Program late-night basketball for anyone 16 years and older at the Believe Center, 1 Aurora Gonzalez Dr., 9:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m., Thursdays and Sundays beginning Sunday. Curfews will be followed. Days and times subject to change. ID’s required. Details: Jim, 419-356-1077.
● The Lillian Swartz Stepping Out to Cure Scleroderma Run/Walk at the University of Toledo’s Medical Center, 3000 Arlington Ave., registration 8 a.m., run/walk 9 a.m. Saturday. Food, fun, 50/50 raffle, music, Chinese auction, and a great cause. Contact: Robin Landrus, 419-359-0095, firstname.lastname@example.org, or scleroderma.org/steppingouttoledo.
● Easter Seals Annual Walk with Me at Toledo Zoo, 2 Hippo Way, registration 9 a.m., walk 10 a.m. Saturday. Two-mile fitness walk, activities and fun for the whole family, scavenger hunt during the walk, children’s activities. Post-event party at Walbridge Park. Details/registration: walkwithme.org or 888-710-3020.
● Highland Heights Neighborhood Association meeting at the Toledo Heights Library’s basement meeting room, 423 Shasta Dr., 6:30 p.m. June 25.
● Classic Car and Motorcycle Show at Mainstreet Church’s 795 Campus, 5465 Moline-Martin Rd., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. June 29. Music, food, children’s activities, and more. Pre-registration $8; day of show $10. Details: 419-838-7600.
● Rummage Sale at Community of Christ Lutheran Church, 6517 Finzel Rd. corner of Dutch Rd., 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and 8 a.m.-noon Saturday. All proceeds go toward the Youth Group for youth gatherings and mission trips.
● The Clothing Closet at Hope United Methodist Church, 10610 Waterville St., will be closed June 29 through July 6.
● Ladies invited to Downtown Diva Nite at First Christian Church, 875 Haskins Rd., Bowling Green, 5:30-7:30 p.m. June 27. Enjoy refreshments, chocolate desserts, a jewelry extravaganza, and purse auction. Participants are encouraged to bring in slightly used purses and jewelry for our sale table. Tickets: $5. Proceeds will benefit the Wood County Committee on Aging “Senior Center on Call Project,” a telephone program for those who are homebound. Registration: 419-353-5661, 800-367-4935 or email@example.com.
● The Woodville 4th of July Celebration Committee is in need of volunteers. Areas in need are: Parade, 5k race, bingo, tent, Big 6, and raffle stand. If interested, call or text 419-307-0914 or Woodville.net/fourth/volunteer.htm.
● Terrace View Cafe luncheons at Owens Community College, College Hall Room 148, 30335 Oregon Rd., Perrysburg, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Tuesdays, June 25 through July 23. Area residents invited to experience an array of foods. Cost: $9.50. Entree for June 25 is seared Atlantic salmon. Reservations required by calling 567-661-7759 or owens.edu/terrace.
● Eagle Cafe offers lunch and dinner, Maumee Eagles, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, lunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, $4.95; dinner 5-8 p.m., Monday-Thursday, $4.95. Carry-out available. For menu: 419-893-3952 or maumeeeagles.com.
● Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. every Friday. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). Also available: perch, steaks, chicken strips at various prices. 419-893-3821.
● Swiss steak dinner at American Legion Post 642, 2810 Airport Hwy., 4-7 p.m. Saturday, 419-381-9259. Dinner includes potatoes, salad, vegetable, rolls, and dessert. Cost: $8.
● Clay High School class of 1983 will celebrate 30 years with a reunion at the Mud Hens game on Aug. 31. Reservations needed with prepayment by Aug. 8. Call Lori at 419-250-8696.
● The Anthony Wayne class of 1963 will hold its 50th year reunion Oct. 4 to Oct. 6. Football game with Generals vs. Bowling Green at home on Oct. 4; banquet at Nazareth Hall near Grand Rapids, Oct. 5, and potluck lunch at Indianola Shelter on Oct. 6.Details: Carol Heuerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Anthony Wayne all-class reunion and summer block party in downtown Waterville, gates open at 5 p.m., band at 7-11 p.m. Friday. Entertainment by Johnny Rocker and the Hitmen. No cover.
● Libbey High School all-class picnic on the grounds of the high school, 12 p.m.-8 p.m. Saturday. Wanted all alumni; friends and family invited. Potluck. Contact: Francine Coogler Boyd, 419-250-0491; Keva Fisher, 567-288-5031; or Terry Fench, 419-297-6088.
● Libbey High School class of 1963 50th reunion at Holiday Inn French Quarter, 10630 Fremont Pike, Perrysburg, 6-11 p.m. Aug. 3. Reservations and details: Sharon Barton Hamilton, 419-385-6765.
● Waite High School class of 1963 reunion Aug. 16 and 17. Tour of Waite High School meet at the Career Center on Morrison Drive at 4 p.m.; and a Toledo Mud Hens game, 6:30-9 p.m. Aug. 16. Golf at Chippewa Golf course, 23550 State Hwy. 579, Curtice, 9:30 a.m.; dinner 6-11 p.m. at Carranor Hunt and Polo Club, 502 E. 2nd St., Perrysburg, Aug. 17. Reservations required for golf, game, and dinner. Details/costs: whsclassof63-com.webs.com.
At the Library
Heatherdowns Branch Library
3265 Glanzman Rd.; 419-259-5270.
● Preschool storytime, 7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays. Call to register.
Rossford Public Library
720 Dixie Hwy.; 419-666-0924.
● Tuesdays with Adam, between 1-7 p.m. Tuesdays. Free general computer and technology help.
Birmingham Branch Library
203 Paine Ave.; 419-259-5210.
● Kidspace, 4 p.m. Tuesdays. Games, snacks, crafts, and more.
● Zoom Zoom, 4 p.m. Wednesday. All about cars. Grade school age only.
Genoa Branch Library
602 West St.; 419-855-3380.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., every Tuesday.
● Make fairy gardens with Jill Bench of Bench’s Greenhouse, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
● Underground Animals with the Toledo Zoo, 1 p.m. June 27.
Harris-Elmore Public Library
328 Toledo St., Elmore; 419-862-2482.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., Wednesdays.
● Tattoo Sleeves for ages 8 to 19, 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday.
● Underground Animals with the Toledo Zoo, 2 p.m. June 27.
Maumee Branch Library
501 River Rd.; 419-259-5360.
● Book explorers, 10-11 a.m. Wednesdays.
Oregon Branch Library
3340 Dustin Rd.; 419-259-5250.
● Bay Chapter book review and discussion, 1 p.m. today.
● Family storytime, 7-7:30 p.m. Mondays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Preschool storytime, 10:30-11 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Babytime, 10:30-10:50 a.m. Thursdays. Ages 1-2. Registration required.
Walbridge Branch Library
108 N. Main St.; 419-666-9900.
● Family storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
● Paws for Reading, 6 p.m. Tuesdays.
● Mystery book discussion, 6 p.m. June 24.
Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave., Perrysburg; 419-874-3135.
● Downton Abbey tea party, 7 p.m. today. Period dress encouraged.
● Heart Saver First Aid certification class, 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday. $40 at time of registration.
● Reel Opinions with WGTE: Henry Ford, 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
● Introduction to Google Docs, 6 p.m. June 25.
● Dogging Steinbeck author Bill Steigerwald, 7 p.m. June 26. Mr. Steigerwald retraced the travels of Nobel Prize winner John Steinbeck for his book Travels with Charley.
● Market Day Book Sale, 2 to 6 p.m. June 27. $15 for large bag; $5 for small bag.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
● Mother Goose time, 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Thursdays.
Waterville Branch Library
800 Michigan Ave., Waterville; 419-878-3055.
● Toddler storytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
● Family storytime, 11 a.m. Wednesdays.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Thursdays.
● Tie-Dye Mania, 2 p.m. Thursday. Grades 6-12. Registration required.
Whitehouse Community Library
10615 Waterville St., Whitehouse; 419-877-9088.
● Summer reading programs through July 31. Call for event times.
Woodville Public Library
101 East Main St., Woodville; 419-849-2744.
● Kids’ cookbook club, 11 a.m. Saturday. Grades K-4.
● Summer reading club through July 27. Call to register.
● Family movie night, 7 p.m. June 26.
● Summer storytime, 9 a.m. Wednesdays.
● Crafternoons, noon-8 p.m. Wednesdays. Grades K-4.