PATASKALA, Ohio — Authorities say an Ohio man was killed and a teenager injured when they were hit by a school bus while trying to push a disabled pickup truck off Interstate 70.
It happened early Sunday in Licking County, east of Columbus.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol said 31-year-old Christopher Barthelmas of Hebron died as he and 15-year-old Rodney Matthews were trying to push the pickup truck off the highway after it ran out of gas.
The bus hit them from behind.
The Columbus Dispatch reports that the bus is a designated-driving service provided by Denison University for students. There were no students on board at the time.
Matthews was taken to a hospital, and the bus driver was treated at the scene.39.99562 -82.67433
Man struck from behind along highway in central Ohio.
- Plane diverts to Columbus airport after alleged threats
- OSU marching band to visit London for NFL event
- 1 dead after multiple people stabbed in SW Ohio
- Bill would allow privatization of 2nd Ohio prison
- Central Ohio highway remains closed after tanker fire