CANTON, Ohio — Authorities in Canton are aiming 30 security cameras at several Pro Football Hall of Fame events this weekend.
Safety forces will use 20 cameras to monitor Saturday’s Pro Football Hall of Fame Festival Grand Parade, while an extra 10 cameras will be installed around Canton Memorial Civic Center, the site of several Hall of Fame events surrounding the induction of new members.
The Canton Repository reports today that officials hope the cameras deter crime rather than record it.
City Information Technology Director Patrick Barton told City Council earlier this week that people behaving badly on the parade route Friday will be caught.
The city will relocate many of the cameras to other public areas after Hall of Fame events conclude.40.79895 -81.37845
30 security cameras to monitor this weekend's events in Canton.
- Gas prices tumble around Ohio
- Browns DL Winn hurts knee
- Relative charged in Ohio girl's drowning death
- Feds investigate Ohio worker death deglazing bathtub
- Ohio police officer arrested for selling guns to felons