ASSOCIATED PRESS Enlarge
MEARS, Mich. — Authorities say a bone from a human leg has been found along the Lake Michigan shoreline in western Michigan.
Radio station WGHN and The Muskegon Chronicle report Oceana County sheriff’s deputies responded Saturday to call from a person staying at a camp in the Mears area, about 65 miles northwest of Grand Rapids.
They say a camper from Hillsdale was walking along the water at Silver Lake State Park when he found what turned out to be a femur bone.
A state police anthropologist has confirmed that the bone was from a human. It’s been sent to the state police forensic lab for testing.43.68195 -86.4198
- Teen impersonates FBI agent, test drives car, crashes
- Police take stray pig into custody outside Mich. home
- Angels hit 5 HRs, beat Tigers 8-6
- Conservancy group seeks to buy 700-acre Mich. forest
- Mich. man arrested after leading police on car chase