NOVI, Mich. — Michigan has issued a public health alert after listeria was found in a sample of chicken Caesar salad sold in suburban Detroit.
The state Department of Agriculture and Rural Development announced Tuesday that the problem was discovered a day earlier during routine product sampling at a Sam’s Club store in Novi. No illnesses have been reported related to the product.
The state says the salad should be discarded.
The salad is packaged in an 11-ounce clear plastic clamshell container labeled “Chicken Caesar Salad” with the name “Daily Chef” on the label and a sell by date of July 31, 2014. The state says that the product was sold from the deli at the store.
Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis. Symptoms can include fever, headache and diarrhea or other gastrointestinal problems.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.