Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE IN LABOR
Prince William and Kate Middleton are at a London hospital while the world awaits the arrival of an heir third in line to the British throne.
2. POPE TO CELEBRATE MASS WITH FAITHFUL ON BRAZIL BEACH
Francis’ first international trip is to his home continent, where more than 1 million people are expected to pack Copacabana to see him.
3. SUSPECT TO BE CHARGED IN GRUESOME FIND IN OHIO
A registered sex offender was arrested after three bodies were found in trash bags in a rundown neighborhood; police said there may be one or two more victims.
4. DUBAI PARDONS WOMAN CHARGED AFTER RAPE CLAIM
Marte Deborah Dalelv tells The AP her 16-month sentence for having sex outside marriage was dropped after she said she was raped.
5. SNAG IN MIDEAST TALK PLANS
An aide to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas says Israel must first accept Palestine’s border before a delegate to come to the table in Washington.
6. HOW MUCH TO SHARE IN WATCHFUL WORLD
The AP’s Oskar Garcia reports people are scaling back on Facebook and encrypting emails after revelations about the U.S. government’s surveillance programs.
7. GOVERNOR: DETROIT BANKRUPTCY RIGHT CHOICE
Rick Snyder says city residents need to get the services they deserve, and officials plan to address the city’s underfunded pensions.
8. EARTHQUAKE KILLS DOZENS
The initial 6.6 quake killed at least 56 people and injured hundreds in a hilly farming area of western China.
9. RAPPER APOLOGIZES TO AUTISTIC OVER LYRIC
J. Cole says he feels “real shame” after he called his rivals autistic in a track on “Born Sinner.”
10. MICKELSON’S BEST FINAL ROUND AT A MAJOR
With four birdies over the last six holes, Leftie blew past Tiger woods and won the British Open with a five-under 66 over Henrik Stenson.