ASSOCIATED PRESS Enlarge
OUAGADOUGO, Burkina Faso — A Burkina Faso official says the wreckage of the Air Algerie plane that went missing has been found in Mali.
Gen. Gilbert Diendere says the wreckage was located about 50 kilometers (31 miles) from the border of Burkina Faso near the village of Boulikessi in Mali.
Diendere is a close aide to President Blaise Compaore and head of the crisis committee set up to coordinate research for the plane that vanished Thursday in a rainstorm over northern Mali.
He says searchers found human remains and burned and scattered plane wreckage.
- Almost 1.4M children face 'imminent risk of death' from famine
- Guinea refugee finds a home with French family
- Father of alleged Louvre attacker insists son is innocent
- Attack in northern Mali kills more than 50, injures dozens more
- Trump seeks pause with revised travel ban