1. Individuals submitting entry must be 18 years or older at the time of entry, be the parent or legal guardian of the child entered must be under 4 years old at time of entry. Individuals submitting entry must be a resident of Ohio, Michigan or Indiana. Not open to employees of JC Penney, The Blade their respective Little Darlings sponsors, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising or promotional agencies and their respective immediate family members and household members. "Household members" means people who share the same residence at least 3 months a year. "Immediate family members" means parents, step parents, children, step children, siblings, step siblings or spouses.
2. There are three ways to enter the photo contest; (1) complete an Official Entry in full, following all instructions, and mail to the address listed on the form; (2) submit an Official Entry in person to The Blade (541 N. Superior St., Toledo, OH 43660), weekdays between 8:30 and 5:00 pm; or (3) Enter online at toledoblade.com/littledarlings.
The entry must include payment of the required entry fee.
3. The contest sponsor is The Toledo Blade, 541 N. Superior St., Toledo, OH 43660.
4. Entries must include one (1) photo of the child, alone. Entries containing low resolution, blurry, or poor quality photos (such as camera-phone photos), or photos which are inappropriate in any way, may be rejected in sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor further has the right in its sole discretion to reject any entry in its discretion which is incomplete or does not appear to comply with all contest rules. Photos will not be returned.
5. Additional Official Entry forms are available at toledoblade.com/littledarlings and at the front desk of The Blade during normal business hours through September 9, 2013.
6. All entries must be received by close of business, 5 pm EDT on Monday, September 9, 2013.
7. Only original Official Entries available through The Blade or online at toledoblade.com/littledarlingsare allowed. Reproductions and photocopies are not valid. Not responsible for lost, damaged, or misdirected entries.
8. All eligible entries received will be published in the print edition of The Blade on Sunday, September 22, 2013, and on toledoblade.com/littledarlings as updated from time to time. Readers will vote to narrow the pool to 6 finalist and the finalists' photos will be published on Sunday, October 13, 2013. Readers will then vote on the 6 finalists and the identify of the Little Darlings winner will be published on Sunday November 3, 2013. The Blade may change publication dates without notice. The first name, age, and home town of the child featured in each eligible entry will be published. The Blade will not publish the last name, address, or other identifying information.
9. Odds of winning based on the number of eligible entries and reader votes.
10. By submitting a photo with an entry, you certify that you are the original photographer, or that you have permission from the original photographer, to grant the rights described in the following paragraph.
11. Except as specifically provided herein, by entering the contest, you hereby grant to sponsor, its licensees, distributors, agents, representatives, and other authorized users as perpetual, nonexclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable, and transferrable (in whole or part) worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, transmit, display, exhibit, distribute, index, comment on, modify, create derivative works based upon, perform and otherwise exploit your entry (including without limitations of the photograph) in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or here after devised for any and all purposes including entertainment, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade, or commercial purposes, all without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of an permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity. Nothing herein in any way obligates sponsor to use any materials submitted.
12. Sponsor has the right to reject any entry in its discretion which is incomplete or does not appear to comply with all contest rules.
13. From the beginning of the entry period through October 6, 2013, readers of The Blade (print and online editions) will be invited to vote on all eligible entries. From October 13, 2013 through October 27, 2013, readers will be invited to vote on the 6 finalists to determine the winner. Votes must me received by The Blade by 4:30 p.m. on the last day of voting to be tabulated. Limit of one (1) vote per person per day. For votes submitted by mail or in person limit of 1 vote per envelop. If sponsors suspects invalid voting, including but not limited to submitting multiple entries, the use of script, macro or other automated or programmed methods of voting, with the intent to affect the integrity of the voting process, the perpetrators and beneficiaries will each be eliminated from the contest, at the sponsor's sole discretion. In the event of a tie, sponsors shall select the winner in sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor's decision is final.
a. One (1) Grand Prize: includes passes to Ride in The Blade’s Holiday Parade November 16, 2013 on the Santa Elf Train. Gift Package including gift certificates and prizes totaling $500; plus one portrait package from JC Penney Portraits retail value is $65.00, for a total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $565.00
b. Each of Five (5) finalists (excluding the Grand Prize winner): Gift package with a total ARV of $100.
c. Winners responsible for any applicable tax. Sponsor may substitute prize of equivalent value in its sole discretion, but winners may not transfer, substitute, or receive cash equivalent of prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use the name and/or likeness of the winner, and the child featured in the photograph, for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winners agree to hold sponsor, its corporate parents and affiliates, its sponsors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of prize.
15. All eligible entrants, regardless of voting results, will receive a certificate for a free 8”X10” child portrait, compliments of JC Penney Portraits. Certificate for JC Penney portrait will be made available after entry is accepted. The complimentary photo taken by JC Penney Portraits is not required as part of the official entry.
16.The Little Darlings photo contest is for fun. Sponsor is not a talent or modeling agency, and does not represent that entry in the contest will lead to any other opportunity.