A blaze Friday in the shared attic of side-by-side villas in Springfield Township on Friday was brought under control.
The fire in the 700 block of Satin Leaf Drive was reported about 4:30 p.m. by a neighbor, Springfield fire Chief Barry Cousino said.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy flames and smoke at the rear of the building. The fire was brought under control by 6. It was caused by a cigarette discarded in a trash can on the back porch and spread up the side of the house, Chief Cousino said.
Monclova and Sylvania township fire departments assisted at the scene. Both villas were evacuated and no one was injured.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.