Sunday, February 26, 2017
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Saturday, 6/9/2012

Overnight fire strikes N. Toledo home


Someone smoking in a residence was the cause of an overnight fire on Mettler Street near Central Catholic High School.

Firefighters were called to 156 Mettler St. near Walnut Street in North Toledo about 4:55 a.m. today and were working until 5:02 a.m., a fire dispatcher said.

No injuries were reported, Lt. Matt Hertzfeld of the Toledo Fire Department said. It was unknown how many occupants were home at the time of the fire.

Damage was estimated at $12,000.

Lucas County auditor’s records list the building as a two-bedroom home built in 1887 and owned by James F. Helminski.

Recommended for You

Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.