● Jiggs dinner at King of Glory Lutheran Church, 6517 Brint Rd., 5-7 p.m. Thursday. $8.50 for adults, $4 for children. Information: 419-882-6488.
● Student musician performance from Bowling Green State University at the Manor House at Wildwood Preserve Metropark from 7:30-8:30 p.m. March 19 and 26. Information: 419-407-9726.
● Spring craft sale at Hope United Methodist Church, 4069 W. Sylvania Ave., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. All-day bake sale. Lunch on sale from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Information: 419-252-6238.
● Sister Gretchen’s Easter bake and craft sale at the Regina Conference Room at the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, 6832 Convent Blvd, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. March 22-23.
● Cultural preservation discussion and lecture presented by Richard M. Leventhal, director of the Penn Cultural Heritage Center and professor of anthropology at the University of Pennsylvania, at University of Toledo’s Visual Arts Haigh Auditorium, 7:30 p.m. Friday. Free. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Spangler family taco fiesta fund-raiser at Ventura’s, 7742 Bancroft St., noon-4 p.m. Sunday. Event includes a bake sale, silent auction, and cake-decorating contest. $7 for adults, $4 for children 3-10. Information and tickets: 419-699-6639.
● Annual pierogi dozen sale sponsored by the Echoes of Poland Folk Song and Dance Ensemble, with pickup at the PRCUA Hall, 5255 N. Detroit Ave., 10 a.m.-6 p.m. March 22. Cheese, kraut, potato, and mixed are available for order by the dozen at $9. Orders due by Friday. Information and orders: 419-531-8658 or 419-475-6262.
●Jean Morgan with Swan Creek Retirement Village will speak on financial and health issues for seniors at the Toledo Club, 235 14 St., 11:30 a.m. Friday. Sponsored by the American Legion Toledo Post 335. Information: 419-868-3039 or 419-382-4401.
● Toledo Base Submarine Veterans monthly meeting at Charley’s Restaurant, 6945 West Central Ave., 6:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month. Information: 419-459-4985 or email@example.com.
● Toledo Area Ministries Feed Your Neighbor food pantry at Zion Lutheran Church, 8307 Memorial Hwy., the second Tuesday of each month, 10 a.m.-noon. Free food. Details: 734-856-2921.
● Euchre tournament at Knights of Columbus Hall, 4256 Secor Rd., 7 p.m. Friday. $5 entry fee. Information: 419-474-9233.
● Craft sale and gift show at West Park Place, 3501 Executive Pkwy., noon-3 p.m. Wednesday. Free. Information: 419-320-8631.
● Spring swimming season with the Greater Toledo Aquatic Club opens today and runs through May 17. Stroke training and technique, noncompetitive preparation for summer leagues. Information: teamunify.com/ohgtac.
● Bedford Artists’ Club meeting at the Bedford Library, 7 p.m. March 19 with guest artist Curt Olsen, club member. Information: 734-854-1958.
● 30th annual Bedford Business Association Trade Fair at Bedford High School, 8285 Jackman Rd., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday. Free.
● Monroe County Quilt Guild meets third Thursday of every month at Monroe Post 1138 Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall, 400 Jones Ave., 7 p.m. Visitors welcome. Details: 734-850-8888.
● American Legion Ladies Auxiliary Unit 193 presents Bunny Bingo, 11042 Harold Dr., Luna Pier, 2-6 p.m. Saturday. Cost: 4 cards $18; 6 cards $22. Door prizes, 50/50, raffles, breakfast bundles, and more. Light lunch provided. Details: 734-848-2162.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.