The Waterville Historical Society’s two house museums, the 1838 Robbins House at 114 South River Rd. and the 1834 Sargent House next door, will be open from 9 a.m. until noon on Saturday and on July 27 and Aug. 31. The guided one-hour walking tour of the historic district will begin at 10 a.m. at the Robbins House.
Docents will provide information about the Robbins House, decorated to represent a typical pioneer home, and the Sargent House, featuring displays of tools and construction methods used by early settlers as well as pioneer occupations. Native American artifacts also are on exhibit.
Admission to the museums is free but a $1 donation is requested for the illustrated brochure describing the architecture and history of the homes on the walking tour.